PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have some gear. Advice?

dopeknight
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&n=Takeo)
^ My Warrior's Armory ^

Looking for some gearing/gemming advice now that I have my warrior with some reasonable gear.

I am looking for advice for tanking 10 ToC/Ulduar. No hardmodes atm.

A few more specific questions.

Are the badge pants/gloves a complete waste of badges for warriors? Gloves seem ok, but they are pretty close to what I have now. The pants are all shield block, are they even worth buying?

Gem straight stam (aside from meta activation) or work in avoidance/threat gems. Seems most tanks gem all stam. I just leveled JC so within a few days I'll have the 51 stam gems to start tossing in also.

Is it worth wearing the two brewfest stam trinkets? Seems kind of noob to be but I gues i am the noob here. :P

What are some solid stats to shoot for?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer.

T

Griff
10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
I prefer stacking stam in ToC - The first boss in particular, hits pretty hard, even on the regular mode and he'll also leave you with a stacking bleed debuff that will lead to large and regular incoming damage. Avoidance doesn't do much for this and a large stam pool will give your healers a little extra margin to play with.

As for badge upgrades - you're right in that the tier pieces aren't all that well itemized (unless you're doing heroic anub) but they'd be upgrades for you. You should also take a look at the off-tier hat (headplate of the honorbound) and the BIS badge ring.

While your stam is a bit low, the two brewfest trinkets aren't really that hot. They have a lot of stam but that lack the additional features of trinkets like Black Heart. One of the two would be okay if you can stay defense capped.

Gemming looks okay except for the one +8/+8 orange rare quality gem and I can't really comment on your spec or your stats because you logged out in your arms spec.

Also, I know that ToC is the new hotness, but there are a lot of upgrades that you could get out of Ulduar 10 too so don't overlook it.

dopeknight
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Spec is pretty standard. You can click on the off-spec and it will show it to you.

So I should grab the iLevel 226 pants and gloves? Which first do you think? It breaks muh heart getting SB items for my maintanking set.

the glove gem is just there because that's all I had atm and had been somewhat lazy in replacing it. It will get replaced with a JC prismatic probably.

Insahnity
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
The JC gem. although lower quality, is not too bad. It puts you over soft expertise cap, and you are still slightly under hitcap.

As Grif metioned, you should be picking up more stamina. Aside from swapping ony badge for brewfest one (both are really good, especially in magic fights), there are other places you could use stam (Boots could use dodge/stam, maybe consider a X Stat/stam in gloves, etc.).

I would not go for the pants, unless you are building a block set. The gloves are an upgrade, but you would lose a lot of expertise (which you have just soft capped). I say go for it but try and make up the expertise elsewhere (probably boots would have to be gemmed pure expertise).