PDA

View Full Version : Should I be set to start tanking in raids and if so which ones?

Kjb594
10-04-2009, 06:33 AM
So i have been working on my tank set recently and i have some practice in tanking and i can hold aggro well.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Andrelena)

so should i start tanking raids or keep on plugging away for Gear and specs before i go out to raid?

loucallme
10-04-2009, 08:00 AM
I'm interested to know too.
My tank character is The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Trifurion), and I've been told that I'm not good enough to tank heroics yet. So I'm wondering how much hp and avoidance I'm gonna need.

sylanlas
10-04-2009, 11:18 AM
loucall, you can easily tank heroics. You both are probably able to OT naxx10 and OS10, depending on how good the healers are.

loucallme
10-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Oh! I think some people on my realm have got a bit out of sight with tanks on my realm considering that 80% of tanks are prot paladins running around with 38k hp. How much am I gonna have to improve before I can tank 25 Man's then?

And lets not forget that this is KGB594's question and I've kind of hijacked it :]

Bashal
10-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Loucall & Kjb:

I have seen tanks with far worse gear than the two of you successfully tank Naxx25 through a full clear. The opinion that neither of you are ready to tank even naxx10 is ridiculous. The notion that you would be inadequate to tank a heroic is utterly insane.

MellvarTank
10-05-2009, 07:54 AM
As a general rule of thumb: 25k un-buffed health is enough to main tank naxx 10 and OS 10, and OT Naxx 25. My advice: Run heroics like madmen to get your emblem gear, which will put you up where you will be considered Ulduar 25 ready.

Expectations of tanks are getting unrealistic on most realms, people need to remember that gear wasn't nearly as good as it is now back in BC, and pre-Ulduar. Apparently everyone has forgotten the "skill" factor.

Kjb594
10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for that info guys, i've been wondering if i was ready to tank now since the expectations have been raised so high since my druid used to raid early WoTLK and in BC

Rav
10-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I've been told that I'm not good enough to tank heroics yetI find that absolutly obsured, but I can sympathize, the expectancy for death knight tanks is rather high, unless your a blood tank with 40k hp, people tend to raise and an eyebrow.

Whats funny is your sitting there in T7 or higher and "your not good enough for nax"

I myself am frost tank with similar gear & specs I have tanked all through naxx 10man and half of 10 man ulduar, plus OS10, Ony etc.

You both should be fine (As frost tanks) barring the odd bit of gear.

ghromorth
10-05-2009, 06:01 PM
your main concern should be getting ToC h and ToC gear, farm badges from heroics, get t8.5, and the conquest/valor badges. With that you can tank ToC10 and ToC25