PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i hit 3k dps(fury)

arcrocks
10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
I am fury speced, hit capped, 4500 atk, 26 percent crit and alway bottom out at around 2.4 k dps at the end of the run weather 5 man or 10 man please i need advice. I also keep my trinkets on cool down and my rotation is BT.WW Cleave if multiple mobs, HS if single mob and slam whenever it pops

Strit
10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Armory link?

Daishan12
10-02-2009, 12:13 PM
The difference between the 2 warrrior tps specs is rage! Arms rage isnt so much a problem, u get plenty of rage granty talents and you kill stuff! Fury on the other hand needs to generate rage from it's white hits. Less rage = wasted dps time. Basically Fury dps is REALLY dependent on rage generation. To get consistant rage incoming you need to aim for around 35% UB crit. If you have that (even with a drop in AP) you'll see more dps as you'll have more dps uptime. Use heroic strike ONLY when you hvae excess rage, keep WW, BT on cooldown and use the slam procs when you have rage.

Rage management is teh key my friend! Get rage get dps!
Maybe try arms (if u have an axe) until you've got ur crit up.

arcrocks
10-02-2009, 12:34 PM
here is a link to my armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Coh%C3%AEba)

Legionodeath
10-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Looking at your armory...

You have WAY too much hit, drop some. I like to have at or alittle above 200 just for rage gen comfort. You may or may not like the same, personal preference.

Your expertise is WAY below cap. Get some more. You need 26 to eliminate dodge from the hit table. So start getting some exp gear and that will greatly increase your output.

You have AP gems, an agi/crit gem, and a tank ring. I assume the tank ring is from an off spec and you forgot to change it, whatever. You know you need 2 dps rings. As far as the gems are concerned lose, AP, strength wins everytime. Lose the agi/crit gem for a str/crit gem. Agi does a warrior less good than crit.

Your chest also doesnt have an ench. Powerful stats (+10 to all) or the one below it +8 to all, dont remember the name, would be a good way to go. +8 if you see an upgrade coming in the future and dont want to fork out the dinero.

You could also stand to replace the 3 pieces of PvP gear you have with stronger DPS PvE pieces. That would help too.

Hope that helps.

-LoD

Ronninn
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I would have to agree. You should change your meta gem to the relentless earthsiege diamond, which is the +21 agi instead of crit. The agi scales with kings, and allows you to reduce the blue gem requirement by 1, which by all my calculations ends up being a dps increase.

Once you have that meta, the only gems you need are :
Strength (+20, or +34 JC gems preferred)
Str/Crit (+10/+10 preferred)
Nightmare tear (+10 all stats)

With this configuration you'll never have to waste a gem on stamina at a loss to strength or other stats. If you get a socket bonus from yellow gems, go for it with the +10 str/+10 crit gem, but no socket bonus is worth losing 10 strength to match a blue socket unless you use the Nightmare tear gem.

Stats to aim for :
Hit : around 164 (5% with 3/3 precision), and with a Draenie in your party around 132 (4%)
Expertise : 26 (you can gain 3 towards this total if you have racial bonus for certain weapons)
Crit : Most people advocate 35% unbuffed in Berserker stance.
ArP : whatever you can get
Strength : As much as you can get

The next item you should aim for is the T8.5 chest since this will give you your 4 set piece bonus which was a significant bonus for me when I had my t8 set. If you have access to triumph emblems, get rid of that tank ring and buy one of the 2 triumph emblem rings for 35 emblems. I chose the Dexterous Brightstone ring as the agi converted to a ton of critical strike for me, which you are in need of.

Also, as the above poster stated, get rid of those pvp pieces as soon as you can find suitable pve pieces to replace them, because you've lost out on a dps stat due to the itemization of resilience in those pieces.

Also since it looks like you are running H ToC by the look of your axe, get your hands on a second axe, as well as the boots and bracers in there as they are good dps pieces and will be increases for you.

Hope that helps a bit.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kael%27thas&n=Ronninn)

Fubar
10-02-2009, 01:16 PM
I agree with the feedback so far, download landsouls spreadsheet from elitistjerks and use that as a guidline. I only looked at your armory briefly, but I counted only 2 jc str gems. For ilevel 200, you can replace your boots with ironspring jumpers boe from naxx25. The cost of those have dropped considerably since the last patch. Drop your pvp gear for better gear, which could be leather. Focus on your +hit yellow cap, expertise soft cap..then go for str or arp. That second hit trinket should be replaced with the brewfest, TOC 5, or even better the darkmoon card. If you have some luck, hopefully dying curse will come your way. Some of the top dps warriors are still carrying around the darkmoon card, so its a worthwhile investment.

Myranmys
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
The advice so far is mostly good. In a nutshell, though, I would say that you need more crit. There are other issues with expertise and such, but in fury it is all about the rage and the things that proc off of crits. With only 23% crit, you are frequently waiting until halfway through a battle to proc rampage, put up deep wounds, and your flurry will not always be up. With flurry down, your rage is low, and you are not able to get enough specials off. In zerker stance you will want around 35% crit to be able to keep flurry up and get started with DW and rampage early enough in a fight to be worthwhile.

In the department of finer points; yes your hit is too high. A quick fix would be to spec out of precision and into imp. zerker rage. That will give more rage with the same gear. Keep the gem in your hat - it is the right one for a warrior. Pallies get more out of agility than we do, so they like the other one, but even with kings, warriors get more out of the gem you have. And as they said, try to replace the pvp stuff with good pve gear, and over time, get some more expertise.

Razmo
10-02-2009, 07:28 PM
pre ulduar gear I would go Arms if you get t8 and higher Fury seems to shine :). Once you get enough rage inc from fury your dps will be massive since you can just spam cleave and hs.

Seraphblade
10-03-2009, 07:26 AM
Quick answer : Not geared enough and correctly.

With ulduar gear mix, you should be sitting comfortably @ around 5k ap unbuffed with 35% crit, (164 hit rating and 26 exp) minimum

With so much hit and still rage starved, you prolly spamming too much heroic strike and hitting too little on your white hits.

Kazeyonoma
10-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Wrong forum, moved.