PDA

View Full Version : Halp! Embarrssed to call myself DPS fury warrior

jules79uk
10-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Hey guys, i have recently rolled 80 and have a fair few epic bits of gear and am yet to gem some of my items as am worried i would spec incorectly. I am really struggling on the DPS meters in my guild and am even contemplating switching to arms (better dps for lower lvl gear) even though i love playing fury, but its tough when most of the tanks in the guild out DPS you! I'd have liked to have kept up with my RL friend who rolled 80 rogue an he is puting out 3k.

For example 25 man TOC im kicking out 1.6k am i expecting too much im sure iv got my rotation down as per the bible iv read on here!

please remember i am a newbie and have only been playing wow since may this year.

anyway have alook over my kit and any helpful tips would be great and feel free to advise if im really not going to get the fugures i crave on fury with my kit!

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&cn=Rassamon&gn=Justice+League)

Andronikus
10-02-2009, 07:42 AM
In all honesty ToC 25 is not where you should be plying your trade just yet. You are missing a LOT of gear. Just because they are epic does not make them great items.

Your crit for fury is very very low and your over the soft hit cap as well, i think. Aim for 260 hit and as much crit as possable.

Also your attack power is no where near for ToC either.

Try running the new 5 man on normal over and over until you have all the gear and then do some of the heroic versions of the new 5 man. Buy ALL you can from the badge vendor. Melee DPS is heavily reliant on GEAR.

And why no ranged weapon? i know you don't shoot things but there are stats there as well :)

Also assuming they are not your gloves you use? lvl 70 ones with 'gathering' enchant on them :P

In summary.... Gear up where you should be running and run LOTS of heroics for badges for the badge gear.

jules79uk
10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
thanks i thought it was high but i seemed to be getting lots of parrys dodges on boss fights, but i have recenetly read that thats due to my expertise being too low! do you know what sort of Crit i should be aiming for? and should i start gemming once i have aqquired a decent set of gear or should i just gem as i go?

Deathsupply
10-02-2009, 12:11 PM
you should aim for about 35% crit, as that will ensure you have near 100% uptime on flurry. Also, the expertise cap is 26 (6.4%, rounds up to 6.5% on your character sheet)

For your gemming, it's Strength all the way. Seeing that you are way over the hit cap, as mentioned already, the soft cap for yellow attack is around 160 hit rating, which is 5%, when you have 3/3 into precision. Most fury warriors tend to stay around 250/300 hit anyways, as not to hamper thier rage generation through white attacks missing. I'll leave that upto you to decide.

for your spec, go with this, including the glyphs too:
Fury Warrior Spec (http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior#BnAQZMPal9fU5,FQd-3q,10522)

This will give you the highest Single target DPS, but if you want, you can pull some points out of Imp Beserker rage and imp commanding presence, to throw 3 into cleave, which should help you on some fights, but mainly give you more mowability concerning trash mobs.

Blue
10-02-2009, 02:33 PM
First, grats on reaching 80...!

It's apparent, from your stats and achievements, that you're learning, and rather quickly. It's also apparent that you have made some friends, who are helping you to progress, which is great. (Do you feel a big qualifier coming?)

However, in your haste to level and all, you've kinda overlooked some of the perks of questing, gaining reputation with factions, and such.

I recommend that you do dailies at Argent Tournament--have you seen the two-hander you can get with Champion seals? A nice step up from the sword you have, and perhaps even better than the Destroyer. Just for doing dailies, which you need for gold, anyway.

Also, enter Wintergrasp, and try out some of the battlegrounds...it's another source of gear, and, after a while, you'll probably even like doing it...it will give you better practice than hitting target dummies, eh?

Try getting into the 5-man's, a bit more, too. Good places to learn how to interact with team, find out what it means to be a Fury warr, other than making deeps stats...which is something you should really only focus on, after you've "paid some dues" for "gettin' some clues".

So, that's about it...get some reps, make some gold, collect the badges, and search for better gear, make a plan to get it, then....

Then....

Have some fun!!!

squats
10-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Also, the expertise cap is 26 (6.4%, rounds up to 6.5% on your character sheet)

Expertise does not truncate.

jules79uk
10-03-2009, 02:07 AM
Thanks, all your info will help me a great deal to become a much better player!

Deathsupply can i ask in respect to the talents is ENRAGE not something i should bother with the damage bonus looks very intresting to me? what are your thoughts? also why is booming voice 2 talents or is it just a filler, as far as i thought it just increased the duration and that will only be worth it for me in 5 mans as there are a loads of warriors in my guild so its rare for me to even have a shout up.:( lol