PDA

View Full Version : Need a review and simple question

Dreg
10-01-2009, 01:18 PM
so, i'm still learning things for feral tanking, tanked on my warrior for a long time.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Akama&n=Ogam) there's my armory.

any advice would be helpful, also would like to ask what people thing about gemming for stam vs stam/agi? i've been using rawr and it even says to use pure agi gems some times.

Athenodorus
10-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Heh, sounds like you went in the reverse direction from me: I'm a recent convert to Warrior from Bear. ;) That said, is your current feral build for Bear, for Cat, or a hybrid of both? If pure Bear...

* I don't consider the 4% damage bonus from Master Shapeshifter to be worth the 5 points you spend to get it. You can get a threat boost out of Imp Mangle 3/3 (never get less than 3/3; see the rotation video for more info) and have 2 points left over, or alternatively spend them in improving Demo Roar for survivability.

* Rip and Shred are not Bear glyphs of course.

* I see you're an enchanter. Powering to 400 for enchant ring: stamina? =D

* Your weapon is unenchanted. When I was a Bear mongoose was the ideal choice here, but I'm not sure in modern times so I'll bow to the up-to-date bears here and on gemming.

Dreg
10-01-2009, 07:23 PM
yeah i haven't enchanted the weap yet, i'm leveling my own enchanting for the stam and i keep forgeting to re-glyph.

Draks
10-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Your spec is perfectly fine for a Mangle / FFF / filler / filler rotation, no need to change a thing.

Regarding gemming:
Yellow slot - stamina
Blue slot - stamina
Red slot - stamina, unless it's a solo red that will get you a stamina or agility set bonus then agility/stamina
Gray slot - stamina

In Rawr, to look at max survivability go to the options pane, and:
1) Threat Value -> None
2) Survival Soft Cap -> T9 Raids (whatever variant you're gearing for)
3) Target Damage (Raw) -> T9 Raids (same)

Viridios
10-07-2009, 01:11 PM
* Your weapon is unenchanted. When I was a Bear mongoose was the ideal choice here, but I'm not sure in modern times so I'll bow to the up-to-date bears here and on gemming.

Mongoose is still considered BiS by most theorycrafters; the agi proc gives us crit [for SD procs], armor and dodge vs. a continuous AP boost doing jack and ...

As for Imp. Mangle, I haven't seen anything saying different to what I read in 3.1, which was that it generally caused more headaches than it was worth. I guess I'm going to go look at EJ for a while..

Liquidska
10-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Drop Master Shapeshifter IMO, there is an argument for having it if your weapon is far enough behind but seing as you are rocking Thunderstrike that should not be an issue. Although if you find that you had threat trobule on just basic pulls, (Like I did for a while) Shapshifter can do a lot of good.

If I were you (And value being able to do some cat deeps during fights where you only need 2 tanks for part of the time. IC / Almost everything in ToC) I would 3/3 King of the Jungle and do 2/5 Feral agression. The extra energy is great for cat and decently useful for bear. (I like to pair Beserk / Enrage togther) if you dont care about Cat deeps then dont bother 'cause its only semi useful for bear. (Anything that lowers your armor is edgy) Feral agression is nicely for the Demo roar, but that's about it. Having said that go outta your way if you have to for this if no one in your group is putting up some sorta AP reduction.

Unless of course you are having single target threat issues, in which case 3/3 Imp. Mangle and 2/3 King. Harder rotation, but it is more threat.

Other then that, get some epic gems and enchant your stuff and I would call ya good. Just keep plugging away at ToC and Ony, get some tri badges and try to get trinkets with better on uses.

felhoof
10-07-2009, 02:35 PM
If no one in your group has improved demo roar/whatever the pally version is (vindication?), make sure you have 5/5 feral aggression.

Otherwise MSS or imp mangle/whatever you want are fine. I'd personally favor MSS, as it doesn't make as hard a rotation and gives you more overall damage as well as good threat on both single target and multitarget mobs.

In general, don't go for socket bonuses unless you get at least 6 agility or 9 stamina. Don't ever go for any others. You're pretty good on this so far.

Try and get better trinkets, and do pick up the badge 226 gloves. Pick up the Clutch of Fortification for your next triumph badge purchase.