PDA

View Full Version : Single target dps

Ironwhisker
09-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey folks, I'm having some issues on getting my dps up on a single target. In groups, my cleave spam easily gets my dps above 4k, but on single target bosses, I'm struggling to maitain 3k. My cycle is BT/ WW/ Instant slam when it procs/ and HS above 40 rage. I know I should be throwing HS only above 50 rage, but I find that the T8 set gives me that extra haste proc for white damage and inturn, the ability to generate more rage. We did the Heroic Northrend Beasts encounter a few nights ago and I was on Gormok the entire time and sitting at around 2.9k dps. I not too sure if my hit rating and expertise are where they should be and any and all advice in this matter would really help. Here's a link to my wowhead profiler:

Profiler - Wowhead (http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.cairne.ironwhisker)

P.S. I know I should be using Aesir's edge but my guild really hasn't been attempting hard mode Ulduar just yet so this is the best I can get my hands on.

Brummer
10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Judging by your gear and your comment about a 10 hardmode sword, you are only doing 10 mans? If so its really going to depend on your debuffs and buffs available to you.

If you are the only warrior, you will see a dps increase of almost 10% just by ensuring sunder is always up.
Additionally improved shouts might be required if there is not 2 pallies.
Kings + imp BS > imp might + cs, for dps output.
What other buffs/debuffs are you getting will make a big difference in your dps as fury. If you only have 1 druid and he is resto, ensure he is keeping up Faire Fire on bosses. Discuss with your shamans/dks/hunters what buffs you are missing whose dps suffers the most by providing them.

That being said the glyth of Heroic strike is by far superior to glyth of execution. You should fix this.

You have 12% hit rating when you only need 5% or 4% if a hoofer is around. You should drop all this extra hit rating for more strength. The pyrite infuser should go, hopefully for a DM:G. Waaaaaaaay too much hit, drop tons of it.

Don't gem for hit unless below 4-5%!
Dont gem for expertise unless below 26!
Fix your gems.
You should also be using 21agi+3%crit and One +10 all stats gem, instead of 2 purple gems to activate your meta.

Both weapons should be berserking, if you are poor then make sure that your main hand is atlest zerking, fix this.

Ironwhisker
10-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the insight. I'll fix this and post my profile again.