PDA

View Full Version : serious drop in threat :| ??? wtf?? help?

Zeraph
09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
hey guys,

recently i have been getting a lot of new gear and i concider myself a pretty good tank. Currently i am the MT of our 25 man guild, currently 10 man content cleared rounding up hardmodes, and ToC 25 cleared, and only yogg and algalon left. and were as be4 i was doing 9 to 11k tps i now dropped to a meager 5 to 7. and i am struggling to overthreat the offtank. i cant fohure out what i am doing wrong, i sacrifised a bit of stamina to get the DR on parry. and my avoidance is still quite ok. got 3 different gear sets.. but in either gear set my threat isnt raising above 8k anymore were as our dps is doing 9k+

this used to be no problem but now i ma fighting for threat and i can;t find the problem.

please help me :).

this is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&n=Yum%C3%AD)

Irat
09-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Going to need more info on this one, your spec and gearing looks ok. You are pretty heavily stam stacked which means you will have seen a bigger difference in change to TbtL but that wouldn't account for 3k threat loss.

What are you sealing? bless? what’s your rotation?

This is purely personal opinion but for me our Libram slot is our greatest threat asset. I would have a look at the ret +str Libram if i was you. It will be the biggest benefit for the smallest loss. I would also have a chat to the healers and see if they are ok with you going for a more threat orientated set. It shouldn’t be in issue for most fights especially if you are in 25man gear doing 10man hard modes.

Off topic: Why have you skipped JotJ? its a massive reduction in damage from bosses

Zeraph
09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
well i dont get that much dmg tbh even on ToC 10 hardmodes. i havent recieved any blows that made me crap my pants :P. mos times sacred shield and my 140% avoidance with 85% uptime during roation and 120% avoidance without proc's makes me take enough reduced dmg. and i freed up some points to take up divine sacrifice improved: for longer uptime on sacred shield but might change it. yeah i think the patch has to do with it as righteous dury is nerfed with 10%... but still i;m slightly startign to panic. i used to be reliable for my aro and great reduced dmg taken even without jotj, but atmp i;m puzzled i have so much gear i dunno what to do, go for EH. or drop the t8.5 setbonus and stack up as much avoidance as i can woudl end up near 25%dodge, 20.6 pary 22/23% block. and a 34/35k unbuffed hp pool.

but well losing out on the 2pt 8.5 sebonus even reduces my trhear more imo.

so i dunno what to do :).

Synapse
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
No excuse. All bosses hit based on the fact all tanks can slow them down by 20%. Get JotJ. Currently, all the killer spikes include at least one melee attack that came a moment too soon. Get JotJ.
Also, block is not avoidance. Do not call it that, it WILL lead to mistakes at worst, and pointless arguing at best. (hint: both are bad)

Your threat drop is either false or a consequence of your own deeds. The threat nerf, the Touched change and the SoV fix wouldn't account for a 4% total tps loss. Losing 2k tps on virtue of that alone means you'd be doing 50k tps, or roughly 24k dps on your own.
Big Thing #1: Omen. It relays good total threat info, but it's tps measure has a margin of error bigger than the real number itself! It only gets reliable once it only uses 20seconds-long or longer intervals to calculate tps. A more accurate measure(and even that is also very...icky to measure) is how close the dpsers and tanks are to pulling based on your effort.

Irat
09-30-2009, 06:03 PM
If damage really isn’t a problem then i would defiantly have a chat to your healers and swap in some threat gear. Expertise is probably a good start because it still provides solid damage reduction (Theck just calculated all this, it is worth a read)

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=25611&rb_v=viewtopic (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=25611&rb_v=viewtopic)

This is the Paladin bible for threat:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=20823&rb_v=viewtopic&start=1095 (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=20823&rb_v=viewtopic&start=1095)

In there is breakdowns for all buffs, specs, stats etc. and how they relate to your threat.

Imo the best place for you to start is a +str Libram and either DMC:G or Expertise trinket.

Are you using the 96969 Rotation?

Zeraph
10-01-2009, 08:33 AM
well i have switched some gear around and upped my hit and expertise a bit and took Jotj.
and somehow my aggro seems to be back on par. i will have to see for real this evening in ToC 25. but i think i will be fine. thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Reev
10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Didn't Blizzard reduce the threat coefficient on Righteous Fury? Or is that something that's still in the works for the future?

Synapse
10-01-2009, 08:48 AM
It's already happened and I already accounted for that when shooting a number for how much the pally's threat dropped overall.

Mert
10-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Omen's TPS display is sometimes a little screwy so I tend to use it more as an overall guide to how close others are to me than specifically to see what my output is. If you're really worried it's fallen by more than the TbtL change and 5% reduction in RF scaling would suggest then you could take note of the total threat for that fight (like Synapse said, Omen's total threat is usually pretty accurate) and then divide by the time DBM tells you combat lasted for. That'll give you a better picture of your sustained TPS than keeping an eye on Omen, which can just as easily tell you you're doing 11k as 2k...

Synapse
10-01-2009, 10:28 AM
To be most accurate, you'll have to pick all our holy damage, multiply it by 2,574, then add it with your nonholy damage multiplied by 1,43. that will give all your damage based threat(which is, in practice, all your threat).