PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about my DPS Please review.

Weren
09-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Looking for some advice from the more seasoned warriors. I was primarily prot in BC, leveled and geared up as Arms in WOTLK, and recently switched to fury. I feel that my dps should be higher. I don't have a ton of play time outside of raids so I don't see myself getting a Darkmoon Card: Greatness anytime soon (plus I still need epic riding training). I'm in the process of regemming to pick up .25% expertise and dropping some hit, but I've been waiting to replace a piece of gear or two.

My guild has pretty much given up on Ulduar10 so I don't see an Aesir's Edge or Mjolnir Runestone coming my way anytime soon. I haven't received any ToC gear yet, mainly because I'm new to my guild, so if you give gear advice please keep this in mind.

Our progression is Ulduar 10/25 13/14 and most hardmodes, ToC 10/25 5/5, don't think we have any hardmodes yet, I haven't seen them personally.

9/29 WoL: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ERHctF5RTM2OoGbQ/sum/damageDone/)
9/30 WoL: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/J0BsWGvyLRzA02hI/sum/damageDone/)

My armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadow+Council&n=Weren)

Kazeyonoma
09-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Gonna move this to the HALP forum since it's more about personal armory evaluation than anything, if it comes down to rotations and such I'll move it back.

Weren
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Gonna move this to the HALP forum since it's more about personal armory evaluation than anything, if it comes down to rotations and such I'll move it back.

Thanks, wasn't sure which it was more appropriate for.

Weren
10-01-2009, 07:05 AM
I picked up a few gear upgrades last night and posted a new log in the first post (log doesn't include any upgrades).

Brummer
10-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Looking at some of your logs. It appears your rotation is off. The number of whirlwinds you are doing per boss is too low.
Whirlwind is your top damage dealing ability. You want to be using it first over everything else, including execute.
Don't HS so much that you are out of rage to ww or bt.

Your gear isn't bad. Not great either. The 4pc tier 8 is good, but you will need to break that soon. Also legs and gloves are the weakest tier 8 pcs, if you are attached to 4pc try to get shoulders. Considering you are over the hit and expertise caps, I would recommend ditching 4 pc tier8.
You should prolly ensure to get 2pc tier9 before ditching it. But you want to get rid of those legs and gloves asap, they are really weak.

Your rings are weak too, I would start saving for the truimph badge ring.

Personally preference, I like improved cleave. ToC has lot of add fights, making imp cleave worthwhile. But you have all the necessary talents/glyths.

Changing your meta to 21agi+3%crit damage and ditching your 2 blue gems for one +10 all stats would be a dps increase also.

Remember you don't need that much hit as fury, 5% or 165 rating as horde. And only need 26 expertise. You currently have over 10% hit and 29 expertise. Lower these stats for more dps.

Hope that helps, GL.

Weren
10-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the advice. I try to focus on WW > BT > Slam, but sometimes I just get caught up in the fight. I also admit I need to HS less.

As for my gear I have a ton of hit because I just haven't found better gear for the slots. I just picked up the 232 T9 shoulders and will probably grab the gloves soon too. I would wait for the 245 T9 pieces but I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

My rings are weak, but so are my trinkets. My guild refuses to run Uld10 Hard Modes so I doubt I'll get a Mjolnir Runestone anytime soon. Also, I just bought my epic flying training so I doubt I'll get a Nobles Deck anytime soon. There's a huge number of people in front of me for ToC gear so I have to look outside of that (like the 232 pieces that don't require trophies) and Uld10/25 gear for upgrades.

The meta swap is good idea, I'll probably make the transition when I pick up my 232/245 ToC helm.

As for my spec, I was looking for ways to pick up imp. cleave but since our guild rarely has 2 paladins in a raid I am usually on Battle Shout duty, and thus prefer to keep the shout talents.