PDA

View Full Version : too low DPS please advise

greghawkes
09-30-2009, 03:54 AM
Hi, I am new to Tankspot but have been impressed with the responses and knowledge of the members.
Here is my armory link.

Profiler - Wowhead (http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=eu.lightbringer.tob)

I am concerned that my DPS is too low for the level of gear that I have. I am only outputting 2.5k approximately in 5 man heroics.

I am using the normal, Rend/MS/Overpower/execute/slam routine but not sure what i am doing wrong. I have recently upgraded a few pieces, Head, Hands, Belt etc but made no difference to my DPS, if anything it's gone backwards. Help please.

Thanks for looking.

gabbu
09-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Ofcourse your DPS is low, there is plenty of things to be done but just to point out the obvious too low hit and too low expertise are the primary reason your dps is low. Your spec is the 2nd most prominent reason your dps is low. Reg and H-ToC gear lacks hit and that needs to be madeup by gemming/enchating.

Here is what will help.

1. Respec to this Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LhrcbfIt0bbRdGuioGx00x:masm0M)
2. 20hit + 12hit enchat to hands and legs asap. expertise enchant to bracers (if I am right)
3. Depending upon if you can afford (sicne you have so many epic gems) regemt o get to 8% hit.
4. Always attack from behind ALWAYS.

This all should help you a ton with DPS.

greghawkes
09-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Thanks for your input Gabbu. I'll respec as you suggest tonight and see how it goes. Am I right in thinking I need to get to 262 on Hit?
I am unsure however how much expertise I need to get to or the calculations are made?

Nighthorror
09-30-2009, 06:51 AM
264 for arms on hit

Tenderheart
09-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Another thing to realize is "2.5K DPS in a heroic" could mean a lot of things. If you look at damage done by the end of a heroic and never reset or look at specific boss fights, I'll often be at 3-3.5K, but on boss fights I'll spike to 5K or more. I do play a cat though, so this is more of a problem for me. I guess what I'm saying is that you need to be careful what you're looking at as a metric of your DPS.

Take a look at your DPS on a long, single target fight like Patchwerk or Ignis for a good indication of what you're capable of. Good on you for being a mangle bot. Hopefully there's a feral druid in your raid who loves you for it.

ETA-for your armory completeness:

cloak is unenchanted.
Wrists are unenchanted and poorly gemmed (ap instead of str)
weapon has a cheap enchant (85 ap)
gloves unenchanted
boots unenchanted
hit and expertise are very low as others stated

I am not a warrior, but:

Is overpower a standard glyph? The guys I checked on EJ did not have it.
Your one point in Blood Craze is probably not helpful in PVE, move it to 5/5 Cruelty.
I'm not certain, but I'd look into whether the Valor badge wrist is better than the PVP one you have equipped.

gabbu
09-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks for your input Gabbu. I'll respec as you suggest tonight and see how it goes. Am I right in thinking I need to get to 262 on Hit?
I am unsure however how much expertise I need to get to or the calculations are made?

264 hit = 8%. With 2 points in weapon mastery and Strength of arms you need 18 expertise.

I apologize but I never looked at glyphs and as pointed out by TENDERHEART (THANKS !!) the major glyphs should be,

Major: Rend - MS - Execute
Minor (take you pick my recomendation) : Battle - Charge - Commanding/Whtever

Kazeyonoma
09-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Moving to Halp forum since it's an armory lookup.