PDA

View Full Version : 10/25 Ulduar & Threat

Pales
09-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Raiding Ulduar the other night I was asked to tank Molder in the Iron Council hard mode fight. Healers had no problem to keep me up and I think im a pretty good tank now. (After my previous post).

The only problem that I had was to keep threat, the DPS shot past me like a rocket and the only way I could keep aggro was to keep taunting and shouting to people to Ice block and Fein Death.

What can I do to improve my threat as a frost tank? What do you guys think the best rotation would be for me and is there any other changes I could make?

Here is my armory profile. All answer all questions on more information thats required :)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Pales)

Regards

Pales

Gearfighter
09-30-2009, 03:31 AM
if u could tell me ur spec and ur current rotation that would be helpful, also are the hunters MD u at the start of the fight and giving u some time to get initial aggro?

Pales
09-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Gear,

My Spec is Frost 10/53/8. Please refer to the armory link for more detail.

Rotation starts with Icy Touch > Plague Strike > FrostStrike / Howling Blast

Trork
10-01-2009, 09:43 AM
try using IT>PS>BS>OB>BS>FS (only use HB on single targets when rime procs) when u got two death runes instead of blood runes, use Obliterate. (let me check that once i get home and will edit it, and post my AoE rotation)

Also try and get more expertise, you need a bit more to reach the 7% cap. (I am also struggling on that atm)

You need more hit rating as well, you should try and get to around 8% (280 if remember well)

try always having between 20-90 rp. if less then 30 save rp for rune strikes.

Make Macros:
#showtooltip Icy Touch
/Cast Rune Strike
/Cast Icy Touch

for IT, PS, BS and replace them with the blizzard ones.

and get addon called Event Alert (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9592-EventAlert.html), and set it to show you when Rune Strike, Killing Machine and Rime procs (its a beutifull addon)

ghromorth
10-02-2009, 07:34 AM
As frost i do: IT>PS>BS>BS>OB>FS(rp dump)>OBx3, repeat rime only when it procs, i use mik scrolling battle text for that. And try doing the macro he told you above but i think he forgot a "!" somewhere i cant remember xD i belive its like this (i dont have wow open right now so i can't tell you now, but i belive its like this)

AOE rotation its pretty simple since you can do a lot of stuff with your runes, i prefer:
DnD>IT>PS>pest>HB>BB>BB>HB>OB and thats it.

#showtooltip Icy Touch
/Cast !Rune Strike
/Cast Icy Touch

note: You wont be able to hold 9k-10k dps without the help of MD or ToT, in that fight people ussually have that dps due to the rune... if thats not the case stop reading........................................... ..................... If thats the case tell your dps to control aggro, dps ussually tends to cast the whole stuff b4 the boss even gets to you, which is very annoying btw.... tell your hunter to MD you and the rogue to TOT on you so you get more aggro, sometimes it's not that you are wrong but is the other players who are not doing things right. Most of the dps just know how to dps but don't even have a clue on how to get rid of their aggro...

EDIT: you need to change that mace xD