PDA

View Full Version : Defense rating help

Excelsior18
09-29-2009, 11:44 AM
hey guys,

soo i just hit 80 on my human warrior, and im trying to get hit capped so i can do some heroics, my rating atm is 497 and im wondering, do i have to get the to 540 ? or do i have to the skill on the character sheet to else to 540 ? it would eb great if someone could explain to me the concept of being defense capped.

thanks alot guys :)

Synapse
09-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Well, first of all, I have to remind you that DEFENSE DOES NOT HAVE A CAP, AND STACKING OVER THE MINIMUM IS NOT AUTOMATICALLY BAD. IN FACT IT TENDS TO BE A GOOD IDEA ON MOST CASES.
K, there.

Defense on the tab is your total skill, while defense on gear is defense rating. Just like it goes with hit, crit expertise and the like, you need a certain amount of rating for each point of skill. I do not recall the rating:skill ratio, but you need 689 defense rating to reach 540 defense skill.
You need a minimum of 540 defense skill in raids, 535 in heroics.

Viridios
09-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Well, first of all, I have to remind you that DEFENSE DOES NOT HAVE A CAP, AND STACKING OVER THE MINIMUM IS NOT AUTOMATICALLY BAD. IN FACT IT TENDS TO BE A GOOD IDEA ON MOST CASES.
K, there.

Defense on the tab is your total skill, while defense on gear is defense rating. Just like it goes with hit, crit expertise and the like, you need a certain amount of rating for each point of skill. I do not recall the rating:skill ratio, but you need 689 defense rating to reach 540 defense skill.
You need a minimum of 540 defense skill in raids, 535 in heroics.

important numbers:

689 Defense Rating = 540 Defense Skill, minimum for Raids.
263 Hit = Hit Cap for all tanks, assuming taunt is glyphed.
26 Expertise = Dodge cap
52 Expertise = Parry Cap