PDA

View Full Version : Blood Dk Tank looking for advice

Heine
09-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Hi my dk is blood specced and I was wondering if i could get any advice. I currently like the spec and don't have any real aggro/holding threat problems. I am always looking to improve though and any advice would be much appreciated.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Gwendoloena)

Taconite
09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
As a blood tank you really shouldn't be spec'd for deathcoil spam. Your rp dumps should be consumed by your runestrike macro.

here is the Cookie Cutter Tank spec

That would be suggestion number 1.

You should again drop dark death glyph for glyph of rune strike.

Gemming, your gemming a blue with dodge+stam to only not get a +dodge socket bonus.

I would take one of your dragons eye's to move to your shoulders and fill the socket on your chest and fill the empty socket with the blue stam gem you still wont lose the bonus. there is also a 9 stam bonus missing off your pants you can fill this slot with a def , dodge, parry +stam mod to get the 9 stam and only be missing 6stam but ahve the extra bonus. So i'd fix your gems up a bit.

I'd go for armor to cloak but your sitting just above the def cap, it's more preference than anything else.

All in all , if your spec is working by no means is what i link the "right" spec. If you haev any single target threat or threat issues your spec might be the reason why. Everything up there is just suggestions on what has worked for me.

cheers and good luck.

Esch
09-29-2009, 11:15 AM
Spec - I would drop Necrosis for 3/3 Imp Icy Touch & getting 3/3 Sudden Doom.

Sudden Doom - You've talented (Morbidity) and glyphed to maximize the free Death Coils, so it would benefit you to maximize this talent accordingly. I think this change will be comparable in threat, but frees up several points from Necrosis for...

Improved Icy Touch - The damage benefit of this is gravy, to the extra 6% dehaste effect. Pushing a boss swing timer from 2.0 to 2.4 seconds isn't huge unto itself, but less swings means less damage incoming. Providing this yourself ensures you have it. On larger AoE style pulls, this can dramatically reduce the damage you're taking, once you Pestilence across the group.

Gear - I have to assume you use Elixir of Accuracy to reach the hit cap. Ideally, your immediately goal is to pick up the t8.5 helm (41 hit rating) and that puts you 'right at' your 8% hit cap with racial.

Shoulder enchant - While the PvP enchant is nice, getting the Sons of Hordir would give you more flexibility towards keeping over 540 defense, or if you wanted to focus on avoidance.

Otherwise, you are at a point where hitting raids is where most (all?) notable upgrades are going to be dropping.

Heine
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Updated my gems and gear....also tweaked my spec

Taconite
10-01-2009, 04:20 PM
good stuff, hope the advice has helped out. are you noticing anything new problems or have any further questions?

Heine
10-02-2009, 06:43 AM
no if anything i am noticing quicker threat gain so it has helped out a lot thank you