PDA

View Full Version : Feral Cat

Losthero
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I know this thread is for feral tanking but I was wondering if you knew much about feral kitty and stat caps and all that goodness. I been playing for a long time as feral kitty and im having a heck of a time figuring out optimal numbers for my spec. I can throw out 5.7k dps almost 6k, but I mean my expertise is low and my hit rating is somewhat high and I cant seem to even it all out so im hit capped and have some good expertise. I also have the concern with my weapon and trying to figure out it a little bit of crit and AP is better then a deascent amount of haste and ArP? if you could in any way help me id very much appreciate it. If you wanna look at my armory to see what my deal is here is the link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Losthero)

amilo
09-29-2009, 08:28 AM
as a feral kitteh, you need to knock dodges off the table, I believe that's at 26 expertise, but you have a valid hit rating (melee need's 8% to never miss). Apart from that I'm not a kitteh so I don't rly know :P

Viridios
09-29-2009, 12:58 PM
as a feral kitteh, you need to knock dodges off the table, I believe that's at 26 expertise, but you have a valid hit rating (melee need's 8% to never miss). Apart from that I'm not a kitteh so I don't rly know :P

263 is the hit cap for bears and cats.
26 expertise is the cap for cats.
Arpen vs. Agi seems to shift wildly based on current gearing, but as a rule of thumb if you have < 400 Arpen then gem for Agility, if you have > 400 Arpen gem for Arpen.
Try to get better expertise gear, but don't bend over backwards to do so. Kitties are one of the better "oops, I missed, better recast" classes, as long as they aren't the manglebot.

Losthero
10-01-2009, 09:50 AM
sweet ty for the info :) that helps me a lot! I was pretty worried about exp and my hit but now I know

Viridios
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
sweet ty for the info :) that helps me a lot! I was pretty worried about exp and my hit but now I know

Oh, don't get me wrong. Point for point, Hit is the best stat to get, and Expertise is up there as well [though not as important, except for fights like Auriaya].

I just mean that if you have the choice of going under-hit cap by 1% and getting 3% arpen - arpen is the way to go.

Most classes have medium cooldown abilities that offer procs or very large damage boosts; Conflag and Haunt jump to mind since my old main was a lock. If they miss, it's a 25% reduction in DPS until they come back up again; as a result, locks need to hit cap, or they lose a significant amount of DPS.

Kitties only really use 2 medium or long-cd abilities; Berserk and Tiger's Fury. They're both buffs to self, not debuffs to mob; therefore the cannot miss. When a finishing move misses, it doesn't consume the combo points. Between these two things, 1% miss chance = approximately 1% DPS decrease. Sure, there's going to be situations where this isn't true - RNG being what it is - but it's a going to be pretty close.

But like I said, point for point Hit is the better stat, until you get melee capped.

Tenderheart
10-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong. Point for point, Hit is the best stat to get, and Expertise is up there as well [though not as important, except for fights like Auriaya].

This is not what is suggested in all the guides I've read. Agility or Arpen are the best stats. Hit is a far, far less important stat. It is usually trivial for a well geared druid to get a sufficient amount of hit from the leather rogue gear we wear. Never gem for hit or expertise.

OP-check out nightcrowler/FeralbyNight's thread at EJ (Druids - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f73/)) or The Druid Wiki (The Druid Wiki - home (http://druid.wikispaces.com/)) for advice on how to gear your kitty. Kalon, the guy who runs the wowthinktank blog, has really good lists based on nightcrowler's weight scale. Rawr is also a great option, obviously.

Honestly, I'm a bit jealous of your gear, OP. Get rid of those expertise and crit gems and I think you'll be perfect. You're fine now, though. They recommend an all stats prismatic gem to get the meta requirements, but I think the way you're doing it is fine.

You should put two points in IMotW though for the 2% stat increase.

Viridios
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM
... I hate it when I get things that far wrong.

He (or she) is right, Hit is way down the list. I've been doing too much reading about rogues, my rogue is almost 80..

Ferim
10-01-2009, 04:02 PM
I play feral cat as my main spec in my guild, and I usually pull about 7k dps in 25-man raiding. You want to try and get the gear that allows you to get hit and expertise cap without gemming for it, in my opinion. Every gem slot that I can afford to have with a ArP gem in it, has one. I sit at about 688 ArP, BUT my expertise is at 6.25%, and my Hit Rating is at 263. Also 2t9+2t8 is supposedly the best combination of gear feral cats can get so maybe researching that would help out as well!
here is my armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Calil)
I may log out in tank gear, if I did, I apologize in advance.

Good luck.