PDA

View Full Version : Frigid Dreadplate

ghromorth
09-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I really don't know how this talent works, but i have this question that recently surged, does this talent lemme be a little bit under the def cap or it doesnt affect that? never wondered about that so thats why i ask xD excuseme if its been discused b4 or if its just to stupid to be asked ty ;)

Maelstrom
09-26-2009, 10:22 PM
You'll still need 540 defence, it just makes mobs 3% more likely to miss when they attack you. :) That said, you can run with 535 def if you're tanking heroics, as all the mobs there are level 82 max.

tuffmuffin
09-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I really don't know how this talent works, but i have this question that recently surged, does this talent lemme be a little bit under the def cap or it doesnt affect that? never wondered about that so thats why i ask xD excuseme if its been discused b4 or if its just to stupid to be asked ty ;)
There are 3 forms of Avoidance; Miss, Dodge, Parry.
Frigid Deathplate increases your chance to be "Missed"

While defense is the only stat that increases the chance attacks will miss you, this doesn't mean you can be under the 'cap'.
Reducing the chance to be critically hit is a different matter.
No, you still need to be at <insert defense number here> to remain uncrittable (unless you have some resilience).
Far as PvE is concerned, think of this talent as +1/2/3% Dodge.

ghromorth
09-26-2009, 10:24 PM
ouch crap i hoped that took the crit out of the table :'( i wanted to try dw in the raid, but i guess ill have to wait to get more def

Maelstrom
09-26-2009, 10:25 PM
At a quick glance at your gear, I'd say if you replace your seal of Ulduar with Clutch of Fortification - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47731) you'll be fine. :)

ghromorth
09-26-2009, 10:27 PM
arg now that i see it, i lose the expertise, and that brings me down to 28 wich arg its 3 below what i need for trying dw :( stupid caps can't wait for cathaclysm

Edgewalker
09-27-2009, 09:09 AM
arg now that i see it, i lose the expertise, and that brings me down to 28 wich arg its 3 below what i need for trying dw :( stupid caps can't wait for cathaclysm

That's an arbitrary number as a suggestion, not a rule.
You will be fine with 28, just try not to go too much lower.