PDA

View Full Version : Hard Mode Difficulty Order

tripp6sic6
09-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I was wondering what the general order of difficulty most people would put the Hard Mode/Heroic encounters we currently have available from Ulduar and ToC. We made a decision to go one more week of trying to kill Northrend Beasts (only 5 guilds on the server have managed a kill) and from that point on try our luck on whatever is the easiest encounter available, but we haven't tried any of the Hard Modes other than XT-002 and Flame Leviathan. We're fairly certain that we are capable of killing Heroic NRB, however.

What is the easiest and most logical progression path for a guild at our level of content?

Ryoku
09-27-2009, 03:49 AM
if you go to the bottom of http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/41778-encounter-locations-recommended-raid-progression-3.html (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/41778-encounter-locations-recommended-raid-progression-3.html)
you should find a nice little list for ulduar progression written by: Mookey

tripp6sic6
09-27-2009, 08:45 PM
My biggest question was where do the Heroic ToC encounters fall in the grand scheme of things, as far as difficulty.

Hamburglar
09-29-2009, 01:12 PM
If you can get past Beasts you can get to Anub'arak seems to be the consensus.

marklar
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
If you can get past Beasts you can get to Anub'arak seems to be the consensus.

i would have to disagree with this. maybe it was the case before they buffed the rest of the encounters, but my 10-man has cleared beasts 3x, jarjar 2x, and faction champs zero. clearing beasts is no longer a free pass to the rest of the loot.

as far as ranking it with the other hard modes, it's definitely more of a gear check than anything we've done in ulduar. because of that, i'd say it's harder than most of the ulduar hard modes, with the exception of firefighter and maybe yogg (haven't attempted him yet).

as a point of reference, we've cleared all of ulduar HM but two, and are actively working on firefighter - which is why i rank it there :)