PDA

View Full Version : Blade ward+ Reckoning= More procs or wasted talent points

Padinbann
09-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Ok so the last couple days i have been trying to find ways to make me a better tank one of the ways i decided to look into was my weapon enchant i had Mongoose on the Burnished Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49495) i decide to switch to Blade ward cause im not seeing as much affect from mongoose anymore since i got some new gear i tested it out on the training dummies and 1 stack gave me more avoidance then the application on mongoose did by about 3% i think, so i guess this was a good chance even if the proc rate isnt as high as mongoose, then i got to thinking Maybe i can make it proc more from changing my talents, In comes Reckoning so i am now trying to get some numbers if 3/5 of reckoning has the ability to make Blade ward proc more or did i just waste 40g on a respec?
And another thing i was wanting to know if reckoning has a chance to proc on partial blocks since it does say any damaging affect. Please and thank you

Honorshammer
09-25-2009, 06:47 AM
1. Reck will give you more swings which will give you more chances to proc Blade Ward.

2. You will see higher procs against a target dummy that doesn't hit back. In a real boss fight, some of your stacks will be eaten by normal parries (parries from parry rating and not from Blade Ward).

3. Blade Ward proc creates less threat than having Potency on your weapon.

4. 3/5 Reck isn't a bad option. You need three talent points in that tier to get deeper in Prot. I personally run a DG/DS but it's more a flavor thing and we are critically short on Holy Paladins.

5. I prefer Blood Draining as my survivability enchant. For a threat enchant, Accuracy has been shown to generate the most threat for Paladin tanks.

Padinbann
09-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Im not having any problem with threat of surviving its the the fact of having a enchant that almost does nothing at where im at that bugs teh hell out of me i think the goose proc has given me a MAX of .6% dodge since i upgraded some of my gear and with NE stack of BW i get3% Parry i think so