PDA

View Full Version : Shield options non raid

uglybbtoo
09-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Ok time for someone else to answer me a question

I created a chill out toon on another server (yes another tank) just so I could well chill out and play around. To many know my alt's on main server and you tanks know what it gets like you log in and it's can you come tank xxxxxxx.

I don't want to raid or anything but started gearing him up and just realized what looks like a glaring ommission from blizz where the hell do you get a good shield from if you dont raid?????

You can get good gear from badges, h-toc etc for everything else but there is seems to be only the old emblems shield, the H-cos one or the crafted titansteel?

I guess I could pug a 25 naxx and pray for KT's or an ulduar for Kolo's shield but is that about the options for casuals?

Mačl
09-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Well there is the CoT heroic shield. But frankly, I prefer the Titansteel one. Both are quite decent.
I still use both since ATM I'm back to raiding with my priest.
AAAND you could always try to shell out some serious $$$ for the iLvl226 BOE shield. But I don't think that's an option.

Yep, tanking shields are a problem and yep, it is a glaring omission by Blizz. But the Titan thingy sees you thru Nax/25 and Uldu/10.

The point being, if you don't raid, you don't have to worry about the shield.

Squeegiemama
09-24-2009, 01:54 AM
It was the same in TBC, at least you have the crafted option now.

Northern Barrier - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45450) is BoE you always watch the AH for that one :)

Grobbulus in Naxx10 drops The Skull of Ruin - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39276)

You could also look for PvP options like we did back in TBC.

orcstar
09-24-2009, 02:03 AM
The Malygos ten men shield is a nice one, as is the shield from Patchwerk: much higher chance of getting then KT shield because Naxx pugs don't have problems with him.

Look at the argent tournament vendor, there's a shield for tournament badges.

Mhoram
09-24-2009, 09:52 AM
The Malygos ten men shield is a nice one, as is the shield from Patchwerk: much higher chance of getting then KT shield because Naxx pugs don't have problems with him.

Look at the argent tournament vendor, there's a shield for tournament badges.

Aren't those raids, though? The OP doesn't want to raid.

orcstar
09-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Aren't those raids, though? The OP doesn't want to raid.The OP mentioned PuGging nax25, and if you want to do that, these are easier to get then the one from KT.

Griff
09-24-2009, 11:24 AM
The crafted or badge shield, the shield from H-CoS or the Northern Barrier from the AH (Assuming you are well-heeled, it retails for about 5k on my server) are going to be your best bets.

Some of the blue heroic shields really aren't bad if you aren't raiding - I think one drops in H-VH (Riot shield) and in H-Nexus (Bulwark of the Noble Protector)

Finally, if you pvp, you might take a look at the hateful/furious shields. They aren't optimally itemized for pve but nice armor and stam are nothing to sneeze at. In BC, the merciless shield was better than most of the pve shields until you got into t6.

Synapse
09-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Your best shots are Titansteel shield wall and Royal Crest of Lordaeron. Basically, the crest trades a lil bit of avoidance for a not-so-lil bit of threat(mostly through hit)

Xcellorator
09-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Best bet is to stalk the AH for Northern Barrier - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45450) other than that you only have the 3 options you stated, but if you are only Heroic tanking I think those 3 are fine.

PS get back to my server and log your mage in :P