PDA

View Full Version : Not enough TPS

Gangstagirl
09-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, I got my DK back into tanking, did a few heroics today and i noticed my TPS isn't to great, its about 2.6k TPS on The Black Knight.

Is there anyway I can improve this, besides gear wise for now?

My Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Coldcut)

Thanks!
-Take care!

ghromorth
09-23-2009, 10:50 AM
whats your spell rotation? you are probably not refreshing well the diseases or waiting too much when rs is ready try this macro too

#showtooltip
/cast Death Strike(Rank 5)
/cast !Rune Strike

this is for each time you cast DS runestrike casts too so u don't have to worry about it much (its an example you can bind it to everything, to b honest i haveall the powers with this and shift 2 for non RS dumping)

### WARNING ###
If you need to use emergency cd this macro can b dangerous cause you will propably dump the runic power in a RS instead of a IBF or AMS

note: every DPS has like 9k+ dps now so probably is that your gear isn't good enough to hold that kind of dps but i doubt that thats the case everytime. In general vezax i have 8-9k tps+ i can hold like 6-8k dps without a problem, sometimes when the dps goes higher than your gear capabilities its not your fault ;) 911 for a pally xD

Gangstagirl
09-24-2009, 06:13 AM
whats your spell rotation? you are probably not refreshing well the diseases or waiting too much when rs is ready try this macro too

#showtooltip
/cast Death Strike(Rank 5)
/cast !Rune Strike

this is for each time you cast DS runestrike casts too so u don't have to worry about it much (its an example you can bind it to everything, to b honest i haveall the powers with this and shift 2 for non RS dumping)

### WARNING ###
If you need to use emergency cd this macro can b dangerous cause you will propably dump the runic power in a RS instead of a IBF or AMS

note: every DPS has like 9k+ dps now so probably is that your gear isn't good enough to hold that kind of dps but i doubt that thats the case everytime. In general vezax i have 8-9k tps+ i can hold like 6-8k dps without a problem, sometimes when the dps goes higher than your gear capabilities its not your fault ;) 911 for a pally xD

Thanks for the macro! Will use!

My spell rotation goes like this,

IT>HB>PS>OB>DS> etc etc rune strike when up always, spread diseases etc etc

Also, reading Gravity's Blog, seems Unholy has the highest AGGRO tree between all DK specs. Should I give unholy a shot? Whats that spell rotation/What do I need to keep up? I've never been unholy at all, dps or tanking wise.

ghromorth
09-24-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm blood now a days, but when i tanked frost i used the same rotation as a dps frost, it was back then:

PS>IT>BSx2>OB>FS>OBx3>FS and then refresh and repeat
(FS for dumping runic power if i had some)
only used HB when Rime procced or in AOE situations instead of the second or third OB, it really procced almost in every rotation at least once so never wasted too many runes in it xD, instead of BS:BB and i can't remember if i used DnD instead of the first OB(like dnd>ps>it>spread>BB>wait like 2 secs>HB> and then got creative depending on aggro i had)

edit: denekawa is right i didn't noticed the DS there, i never used it as a frost tank always preferred OB instead of DS xD

Denekawa
09-24-2009, 06:35 AM
I haven't tanked Frost since the nerf, but why are you using DS in your rotation? Without the talented boost and Glyph, I would think FS would outperform DS in overall TPS because it is talented and Glyphed.

killbilly
09-24-2009, 08:55 AM
When I frost tank my opening rotations for single mob is:

IT>PS>BS>BS>OB If Rune Strike hasn't procc-ed (Usually it has) I'll dump my Runic Power with a Frost Strike (or Death Coil rarely), then I follow with
OB>OB>OB (death runes are in play here)

If it's multiple mobs I'll use:
DnD>IT>PS>Pest [Insert Runic Power Dump Here]
HB>BB>BB>DS

Rinse and repeat. It works for me.

Gangstagirl
09-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Thanks guys! Seems I got it done, Yet if Frost is working good for me atm, How good is Unholy?

killbilly
09-25-2009, 06:54 AM
I dual-specced unholy for a while and loved it. Having a full time ghoul (at 100% strength and stam after you talent/glyph for it) is great.

Also, If you macro your ghoul, he can effectivly assist with CC....or if he's just about to die, drop a Death Pact and heal yourself up to make the most of it.

It is absolutely a fun way to play. for me anyway