PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with My DPS As Arms or Go Fury

Giles Deathstalker
09-22-2009, 11:10 PM
I recently switched guilds and went from being a full time MT to being a full time DPS. I know my gear isn't anywhere near BiS but my DPS dropped about 300 DPS since 3.2.2

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Gilesz)

I've got 46.6% ArP atm I know that doesn't show up on the armory.

Here is our link to our 25 man ToC WWS

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dVAJq13trjaNMUN0/sum/damageDone/?enc=bosses)

My DPS usually ride closer to 3.3k to 3.5k in that range I'm never the highest but I was 2nd to last in DPS and that is a real fast way to find myself on the bench and not in the raid.

I am the only DPS warrior in the guild so I do have to do the 5 sunders which I know takes away from my DPS but still. I'm looking for suggestions.

Also with the nerf to ArP is Fury the clear cut better spec now?

If I switch to Fury my off hand weapon would be Death's Bite. Should I switch to Fury or see how a few gear upgrades helps me out.

Next week or two I should have enough badges to get the 226 class DPS chest and the 232 class DPS shoulders.

Any and all advice would help greatly

Giles Deathstalker
09-22-2009, 11:11 PM
My goal for DPS is the 3.75k to 4k range right now without having to get BiS for all my gear

zaltais
09-23-2009, 02:30 AM
Hi!

Your hit is much too high, you only need 8% as arms. Try changing gear some so you go down to 263 hit rating, and try to get more ap and arp instead. Maybe look into getting the t8.5 helm and chest for conquest emblems ?

Nighthorror
09-23-2009, 05:00 AM
you need to get your expertise up to 30 aswell no as big a deal as fury but still something I would invest in.

kemikalkadet
09-23-2009, 05:25 AM
you need to get your expertise up to 30 aswell no as big a deal as fury but still something I would invest in.

Arms specced into weapon mastery (which he is) only needs 18 expertise, fury needs 26. There's no reason you should ever go over these numbers as DPS.

Nighthorror
09-23-2009, 05:27 AM
I stand corrected then

Giles Deathstalker
09-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Zaltais yes my hit is over the amount needed but that is cause the gear has hit I don't have any hit gems, and if you read the bottom part I am working on getting the badges for those upgrades.

I'm looking more is Fury now clear cut better DPS that Arms, and two if by looking at the wws can you see anything glaring that I need to change

Destruyen
09-23-2009, 01:22 PM
you should really aim for 26 expertise as arms instead of 18 and 2/2 weapon mastery. those 2 points going into imp execute are a pretty big rage saver for more slams/heroic strikes. with imp execute and the execute glyph, you do 40 rage executes and only pay 15 rage for it.