PDA

View Full Version : Arms DPS Gear and Gem Advice

Nuggath
09-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello all, I have been an avid reader of this site for quite some time, but I have never taken the time to actually type a post. Tonight, that all changes, as I find myself stuck in a certain gear set and in need of some advice.

My Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skullcrusher&n=Nuggath)
Quick Stats: Hit/Expertise Capped, 3737 AP, 39.00% Crit

Due to my schedule, I am unable to raid as often as others, and when I do get the chance to I mainly stick with VoA, Naxx 25, and Ulduar PuGs. Despite my low level of raiding, I have obtained a decent collection of items to supplement what I am wearing, and some of these pieces (which are listed below) are actually better than my current selections. However, based solely on what I have I am unable to come to a decision on which set of items would give me the best results. I have toyed around with these items in-game several times, and while I definitely want to make some changes I keep running into problems with my Hit Rating and gems. If any of you could provide me with some pointers on what I should do with my gear, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

The Other Items:
Helm of the Violent Fray
Fire-Scorched Greathelm
Iron Riveted War Helm
Shoulderguards of the Undaunted
Chestplate of Titanic Fury
Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress
Valorous Dreadnaught Gauntlets/Legplates
Belt of the Singing Blade
Bladed Steelboots
Strong-Handed Ring
Uruka's Band of Zeal

Destruyen
09-23-2009, 01:37 PM
it might take awhile, but buy the ilvl 232 t9 pieces. helm, chest, gloves, and shoulders should let you move away from most of that naxx gear, which looks like whats holding you back.

drop some gold for a nobles deck to replace that pvp trinket your wearing. unless you are running totc 25 every week trying to get death's choice, you wont replace it. when youre in a naxx25 and grim toll drops, snatch it up. even with the nerf to arp, its still the best stat for arms warriors.

im guessing your legs are a new addition since you have 2/2 weapon mastery and sitting at 26 expertise from gear. you should take those points out and move them over to imp execute. paired with the execute glyph, you get 40 rage executes and only use 15 rage for it.