PDA

View Full Version : Arms and Fury Outcome

SixStringsXD
09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
First off, here is my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug%27thol&n=S%C3%A4%C3%A4lim%C3%A4t%C3%B6n)

Before the patch I compared the two since armor pen was getting a nerf. I ran OS10 just to be able to have some raid environment (since I was saved to everything else) - as arms I usually do about 6k on Sarth

After switching to fury I was astounded to see I was only doing about 4k... Is there something to this or is arms just the better spec, even while having some pretty decent gear?

After the armor pen nerf I ran the new Onyxia's lair and I was still doing 5.5k dps as arms..

So my main question is: Is arms truly the spec and even with the armor pen nerf should I still being gemming for it, etc considering I only lost about 500 dps?

Thanks.

squats
09-22-2009, 09:07 PM
the general consensus is that you shouldnt gem for ArP unless you can cap it and still be able to have a generous amount of STR.

Fury is all about gear. if you have good weapons and t8 or higher gear, fury normally comes out ahead of arms.

also you should look at your raiding comp and see what it prefers. if you have a feral druid (kitty) and no feral (bear) tank, Arms will increase his DPS a lot because he wont have to mangle. if your guild doesn't have a feral druid (cat) or feral druid (bear) then Fury will give 5% crit to the raid. if your guild has both and they are always in raid, then look at personal DPS gains.