PDA

View Full Version : Something seriously wrong.

Kiwicat
09-22-2009, 02:07 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Kiwicat)

I'd like the allknowing people of this site to take a look at my char, and then tell me what the heck I did wrong.

Why you ask? Did totc HC today. The healer had to spam heal me, and one of our DPS had to help in order for me to stay alive. So yeah, something is seriously wrong.

klor
09-22-2009, 02:10 PM
enchant your gear...

and as an IT person, you always ask the smallest, easiest solutions first,...

Were you in frost presence?

Kiwicat
09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Of course.

klor
09-22-2009, 02:11 PM
you are also 30 hit rating over the cap.. and are still gemming for it :-/ (but that could be because you're wearing dps bracers and may or may not know it)

It could just be that you were under the threshold to tank it :-/ Heroic ToC is a gear check for people that havent been keeping up with progression... and you are in alot of normal 5man toc gear. You may just need to get more gear first.

Kiwicat
09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Alright, and yeah. I know about the bracers. Haven't had alot of luck with getting new ones>.<.

vine
09-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Re the bracers, just buy Bracers of Dalaran Parapets with 60 badges, then you can swap out some hit and defense gems for more stam.

As far as having a rough time, are you managing your cooldowns properly? You don't need to leave them for "oh shit" moments, use them to mitigate damage before it happens.

!3M
09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
something that many people might miss out... IF you're getting the warrior (and i presume you're talking about ToC5)... he does Mortal Strike the tank... and if both the tank and healer doesn't know it... you're gonna be in a world of pain...

Neanor
09-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Were you standing in the poison/green pathces on the ground? That's the #1 tank/dps killer on the first fight if you get the rogue. Or if you have a healer who can't dispel poisons and dps is too low, then the rogue's aoe poison can stack and kill a tank too. And as !3M mentioned, mortal strike + whirlwinds. Getting the rogue/warrior combo is pretty awful if you had them. The hunter does a lot more damage while he's ranged, so try to DG him to you as much as possible.

Unless I misunderstood, your gear looks absolutely fine to tank H ToC (5-man). If it's heroic 10/25-man though, it's just a gear issue. If you're taking too much damage/dying too fast on toc-5, it's likely a fight mechanic that you're overlooking. Poisons, positioning (the warrior does an annoying rolling throw that could easily turn your back to one or two of the mobs), etc.