PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for H ToC 10man

Dizael
09-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi, I tank for my guild along with a paladin, and we've been clearing ToC 10m every week for awhile now. We decided to try Heroic 10m this weekend, and the paladin tank does fine, but I just take too much damage. Any suggestions?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darrowmere&n=Nitrana)

Dizael
09-21-2009, 11:16 PM
shameless bump :)

Erja
09-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Few thoughts:

You can get one of the brewfest +170 stam trinks easily and replace your Essence of Gossamer.

If you want to, you could also replace a few +def/+sta gems and use just +sta gems in their place as you're a bit over the defense minimum.

Looks like you haven't been too lucky on shield drops - you could (and may already be doing this) be running a quick EoE10 pug or guild run each week for a shot at the Barricade of Eternity, which would be a decent upgrade. That and keep on farming out ToCreg / Uld25 HM (if your could can hack it) seems like the best thing to do.

Good luck!

Squirrelnut
09-22-2009, 09:07 AM
I tend to think you may be better served with a more survivability oriented spec/glyph setup similar to what I use: 5/10/56
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZhiZVItrx0didIzsGo:TcimMz)

Threat issues shouldn't be much of a problem with a good rotation (and good vigilance target) and the imp demo shout combined with 2 minute shield wall and 3 minute last stand really lets me use cooldowns offensively spaced out with trinkets.

Most of your gear/enchants look ok however I agree I would get the brewfest trinket to replace your gossamer. Also I would replace your Mark of the Relentless ring since it doesn't have any defense. Once that is replaced you could switch out many gems for the 30stam alternative to increase your health (I see 6 or 7). It goes without saying that you need a shield upgrade but I am sure that is high on your list already.

Dizael
09-22-2009, 10:44 AM
yeah, I got a brewfest trinket last night to replace essence of gossamar, and im 7 badges away from badge ring currently. I didn't think about it opening up more stam socket's so thanks on that. Yeah our guild only has enough people for 10 man's, so I've been puggin 25 man's, have yet to get in a uld25, so shield's have been tough. There was something i read though, of cycling cooldown's as a warrior tank to survive phase 1 + 2 in northrend beasts? anyone have anymore info on that?

P.S. thanks for the tank build, I'll try it out and let you guys know.

Edit - Been working on Auriaya, Hodi HM, and hoping for a 2nd ToC reg shield drop :)( all10m's )