PDA

View Full Version : DW Tanking choice

Sennex
09-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Should a DW Frost Tank ever NOT equip slow/ slow weapons for Faster ones that have DEF and other mitigation stats on them?

I ask as I can't seem to get any sort of Tanking weapons to drop that have a decently slow speed. Yet I have several 1.6 and 1.7 weapons, I just dont' want to gimp myself into oblivion for the sack of tanking, as I can always DPS.

I was looking at buying two of Teldrassil Protector - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45076)
since I have the seals and no other real use for them.

Sterbefall
09-21-2009, 03:00 PM
DW is still not a good choice. The threat is pretty pitiful (improves slightly in 3.2.2 because ToT affects Rune Strike). Slower weapons help produce bigger hits and more threat, but generally lack tank stats. I just don't see DW tank being viable for a long time (if ever).

Sennex
09-21-2009, 04:18 PM
I spent most the day at work talking with other MT and OT's around WoW that I know and we are all on the same page with this. So time for me to research a DPS spec for DW then and just sit on it for awhile

!3M
09-21-2009, 07:58 PM
I've been tanking DW since the new talents came out and my opinion is that it is viable... slow/slow weapons are definitely a better choice but it's kinda hard getting slow 1H weaps due to blizz's itemization...

Threat has never been an issue for me unless the dps is aggro mode locks or if they over gear me by a mile... you will have to remember to use RS when it's available and tab target for RS if the grp is really high on dps though...