PDA

View Full Version : Specced/geared correctly for ToC25H first encounter?

Zydell
09-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Hi everyone,

First of all my armory link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Zydell) (basically, mostly lvl245 now, survival specced)

Currently my guild is attempting ToC 25 hardmodes, we are struggling on the first encounter, gormok is fine (need to use a lot of CDs though), acidmaw & dreadscale give problems.

Healers are complaining that I go down really fast and I dont understand it. We use one tank on the fixed one and 2 tanks (myself and a pala) on the moving one. What we do is, whenever one of us gets a debuff (either fire or poison) the other tank taunts off so the former can move to people.

Healers complain that after I taunt off the boss (which we announce on vent) I go down really fast. Note: I am not taking damage from the pools.

Other trinkets I have: The Black Heart, JC trinket, Brewfest Trinkets

Question 1: Is this the ideal trinket combination or should I switch glyph of indomitability for a +sta trinket since the extra armor doesnt mittigate the frontal cone sprays (I think) ?
Question 2: Am I geared correctly for this encounter? Anything I should change/advise?
Question 3: I'd like to hear from other prot warriors if they are facing likewise problems and what the solution was in their case.

Zydell
09-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Bump! Going in tonight and would very much appreciate some input.

Fix
09-24-2009, 05:01 AM
My armory don't work properly here at work, but as far as i can see it, you have way high defence. Can you put down somestuff to make it better? I don't know if you have +def gems, but if you have is better you change it to +dodge or +parry.

When i get home i give you a larger feedback :]

Zydell
09-24-2009, 05:27 AM
unbuffed:

37.5K HP (buffed 45-46K)
28.3K Armor (buffed 31-32K)
567 Defense
26.7% dodge (buffed around 30%), 22% parry, 15.7% block

using glyph of indomitability / heart of iron

Gemmed predominantly for +sta, 1 def/sta gem, 1 expertise/sta gem (going to replace it with another dodge/sta), 2 dodge/sta gems (all epic and JC-only +sta ones).

As you can see I dont gem for defense, defense is still a very good mitigation stat though.

Fcwarrior
09-24-2009, 05:36 AM
I think your gear looks good but definitely need a new shield (Hero's Surrender is what it's showing) and the only other thing I can think of is Black Heart over Glyph of Indomitability. Your block looks really low too but I'm now sure what you could do about that. Way too much defense as well.

I'm by no means an expert but this is just my two cents. Hopefully someone will come along soon and clear things up.

Zydell
09-24-2009, 06:08 AM
Indeed I need a new shield, unfortunately I havent seen a decent upgrade dropping, Im really after the one from beasts or the hodir 10 hardmode.

Anyways, I dont believe that my defense is 'way too high', the amount of defense I have is a lot because theres just a lot of +def on my best EH items. Defense is still a great/the best? mitigation stat!

Block is low, but its really not a great/reliable stat for reducing the massive damage in ToC hardmodes, its only usefull when using shield block to chop off some damage from melee attacks.

I've been thinking about replacing glyph of indom. I dont like the black heart however, because:
1) I dont have control over the proc
2) the +armor proc is useless because it doesnt mitigate damage from the frontal cone attack, so I actually like the following ones better:

- The JC sta/+dodge on use
- The brewfest one

What do you think?

Eravian
09-24-2009, 06:29 AM
The Brewfest trinket may be a good way to go for the Acidmaw/Dreadscale fight, unless you can get the Juggernaut trinket (the 245 one), in which case definitely go with that and Heart of Iron. The Brewfest one will raise your health up to about 39k unbuffed, though, which should help survivability a little (at least against the frontal cone damage). The loss of armor will still make their melee attacks hit harder, but if it's the cone killing you, that's what to look out for. I'd try keeping your current trinkets for Gormok, and popping on the Brewfest for Acidmaw/Dreadscale, then back again for Icehowl. The +Dodge proc probably won't help against the frontal cone either, so if that's what's killing you I'd go for straight stamina and keep your CD's (Last Stand, Enraged Regen, Shield Wall) handy as much as possible.

ghromorth
09-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Blame the healers, i have tanked those worms and never died there, don't know if its because im a DK(I'm talking about never had to use the cd). I belive that what happens there is that healers don't realise the tank switching fast enough so u get hit very hard b4 they start healing which can result in they see your health goes down way too fastand they are probably used to heal the pally wich requieres much diferent healing than a warrior I belive (for example they have to spam less, they have the semi rez talent which gives the healers a little extra time to heal them). I'm speaking thru personal experience cause when we started TOC25h the main problem is that we were 2 tanks a pally and me (DK) when they healed the pally they were like going easy on him and not spamming too much, but when it was my turn i died(magnataur), every healer blamed me but my pally friend said these words: "Dude i have like rez and extrahealing its obviuosly that you are healing him like a pally, spam him more his gear is almost equivalent to mine" the recount showed that when i died i just recieved like 2-3 hot heals(non druid) in like 5-6 seconds which will obviously result in my tank's death... i really suggest you ahve a recount to see that(death tab) and really see if its a oneshot or a lack of healing. Plus our politic in the guild is healers have to learn how to heal another tank that isn't a pally so they put me to MT almost everything that hits like a truck xD, and trust me the healers will learn the diference between tanks