PDA

View Full Version : Blood tank spell rotation

Keza
09-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Looking for blood tank spell rotation and any 'oh crap' macros. :D

Wilhem
09-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Looking for blood tank spell rotation and any 'oh crap' macros. :D

I don't have any Macro's... Maybe I should? I don't know... Anyway, rotation...

Plague Strike (PS) > Icy Touch (IT) > Heart Strike (HS) > HS > Death Strike (DS) > Rune Strike (RS)/Death Coil (DC) > HoW > RS/DC (runic dump) > DS > DS > HS > HS > RS/DC (runic dump)

Then start over to reapply diseases. If I have multiple mobs I like to Pesitilence > Blood Boil and tab target on some Rune Strikes...

But i've never tanked anything past Ulduar 25 (and only made it to Kolo), so i'm not exactly pushing the limits of content nor is my guild pushing anything over 5K DPS.

Xerzes
09-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I think you meant Death Strike instead of Blood Strike, Joker.

Anyways, I use something similar to Joker. First, and I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but macro your mail strikes to Rune Strike. Real easy, something like:

/cast Rune Strike
/cast Heart Strike

That'll queue up RS and hit HS if you can (GCD and rune CDs permitting.

Rotation wise, being able to hit RS the second it's up via macros means you don't need RP dumps very often. I do something like IT>PS>HS>HS>DS. Wait a few seconds (and remember to hit RS when it's up in the break), then DS>HSx4. Heart Strikes can always be subbed out for BB if an add comes along unexpectedly. Avoid using Death Coil unless you have 80+ RP, as you'll want to always have enough RP for RS, IBF or an interrupt.

Wilhem
09-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Please delete.