PDA

View Full Version : Expertise Clarification

Switchback
09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Hopefully it's okay to put this in the Halp section since I am linking my armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azuremyst&cn=Switchback&gn=The+Condottieri)

I've been on a break from wow for a couple months but have been trolling TS in the meantime to try to stay up on things for when I can return. I've been reading some more on expertise and the softcap and have now confused myself. I've always strived to maintain my exp softcap and you'll see in my armory it reads 26 and 6.5% dodge/parry reduction. What I never noticed until now is that Vitality gives you an additional 6 expertise which I think works out to about 1.5% dodge/parry reduction. I believe Humans also get 3 more (.75%) for racial for swords/mace but since I still have Last Laugh I don't think that applies. My question is whether or not that extra 6 exp from Vitality is actually showing up in the 26 that I see now on the character screen. Basically I'm trying to figure out if I can run that number at 5% knowing I have the extra 1.5% from vitality so I can maybe change some gems around. Thanks for any help wit this.

Esch
09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
If you mouse over your expertise, you'll see 168 rating, Expertise 26 (+20 expertise). Ergo, you're getting Vitality's +6 Expertise Skill.

You need 211 expertise rating to meet the Expertise 26 Skill/6.5%, ignoring talents, racials, etc. I am also very sure that your mace/sword racial will add to this, as I see the skill change when trading weapons on my protadin (human).

TD;LR - change nothing, until you pick up a mace/sword. :o

Switchback
09-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Thanks Esch. After I posted I realized I could just go into RAWR and take my points out of vitality to see what it did to my expertise. Now I know that what shows on the character screen includes talents/racials. Should have thought about that before posting :)