PDA

View Full Version : Need helps with specs/stats

Misfitx
09-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Hello all,
I am returning to the game after about a 2-3 month break were the DK tanks got changed. I was wondering whats the best tanking specs now, stats, and rotations?

Here's a link to my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Misfittx)

Still have no talents

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hades
09-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Best is a relative term. While I wait for your armory to load, I'll shed some light on this.

Blood: Best EH and single target threat, low AoE threat. Makes healing you a breeze, but on trash, unless you're real good, you're bound to lose a mob or two. This is from my personal experience.

Frost: A Godsend for new tanks. Huge, front-loaded AoE threat, decent single target threat, and imo, the best mitigation in all three trees.

Unholy: While I haven't tried this spec myself, it seems that Unholy's falling behind in threat, and the mitigation leaves a bit to be desired as well unless it's a magic heavy fight. This info I've gleaned from threads here on tankspot.

As for gear, you're golden. Your target stats haven't changed all that much. Look to be about Ulduar10 ready if I'm readin' it right. Maybe Ulduar25 and ToC10.

Specs and glyphs: Go with what you like, and glyph accordingly. That's the best I can say. Just because Blood has the best effective health, thus the best potential, doesn't mean it's the best for YOU. Personally, I prefer Frost because it's more fun. Some people still roll Unholy tanks and love it. Just do what you feel is the most fun, then the rotation can get nailed down.

Myrddraak
09-15-2009, 10:06 PM
If i were you i would look at the forums here at tankspot and get a feel of all the different specs talked about. Satorii has a great thread about blood tanking. Also ej has a few good threads about endgame tanking. I would check those out then come back with some specific questions.
Also you might want to think about what your most comfortable spec has been in the past. Because the "best" spec for me is blood but you my hate the feel of a blood tank so you might not feel comfortable with blood. So find out what your comfortable with and do some research on that tree.