PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for DK spell rotation

MorohaDHM
09-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jbxGRIhcofMboZZ0xGhtrb0cuz)

I've been doing some studying on tanking with DK's, and this build is what i've come up with. Please feel free to tear it apart and tell me it sucks, or if it's a solid way to go for tanking. My main question is what kind of spell rotation would be the most effective? Thank you in advance.

Xerzes
09-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Hm... Interesting.

While you're free to do whatever you want, that isn't something I'd want to tank in. First things first, you completely ignored Toughness and Imp. Icy Touch, two talents most would agree are mainstays of any tank spec. Second, by going half and half in Blood and Unholy you've ended up with something less than the sum of its parts. You don't take either strike (Heart or Scourge), and that'll hurt your threat a lot.

My advice is to choose one tree and stick with it. Then you can build a rotation based on the strengths of that tree.

MorohaDHM
09-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks a lot for the tips, Yeah after doing some more research it seems like frost is the safest bet for tanking. Thanks again for the tips.

Hades
09-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jcEMZ0gxzA0IofzbukAo0x:TaoVM0)

That right there is almost identical to the tree I use, and it works like a champ with the following rotation. Obviously, use cooldowns and dump RP as needed.

Initial pull:
DnD, HB, BB

Second:
HB, Ob, BS x2

Third:
OB x3

Repeat steps two and three as needed.

For bosses, start with step two.

This rotation's almost like putting your toon on cruise control in it's brainless meatshieldism, but like I said, it works like a champ. If you can afford to dual-spec, use your secondary spec to experiment with other builds until you find one you like most. I have, and this turns out to be one of my favorite, not due to the lethargic ease, but rather the playstyle. When everything procs, it's one of the most fun builds of any class I've ever played. Also, it's not uncommon for this build to hit 4k DPS on trash in Naxx10, even in tank gear. Fun stuff. ;)

MorohaDHM
09-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Wow, that looks really good Hades. Thanks a bunch, i'll definitely give that a go.