PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my dk tank.

towerofpwr
09-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Here's direct link to wow-heroes
WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Sen'jin&name=Towerofpwr)

My problems

Unholy spec runs well in heroics and badge runs, but I dont think my mitigation stats are were they should be because I die too quick in things like TOC 10. What should my parry and dodge be at for high for running high level dungeons? I'm thinking of building a blood spec I think that might help. Also I have to fight hard to keep threat and I do spread diseases, blood boil and dnd when available.

Hades
09-13-2009, 12:23 AM
One thing I've come to understand through the generous and knowledgeable posters on Tankspot is that Blood offers huge survivability and single target threat, Frost is more AoE based, and Unholy's just kinda bringing up the tail end these days. As far as your basic avoidance goes (Parry and Dodge), mine's around 42% halfway through Naxx10 and your progression is considerably higher than mine. I'd be looking to jump up some, if the gear's available. If not, it may be time for a respec to blood or frost for survivability or threat management respectively. Hopefully someone a little more knowledgeable in endgame raids will contradict that, being as my endgame experience is ridiculously limited. Good luck!

Swam
09-13-2009, 01:14 AM
First off if you like unholy, stay there, it may not be the best dk tank now, but it still can be workable and its time will come again. You may have to work a bit harder now but hey good things come right?
Your avoidance is fine by the way, better than mine and i tank ulduar and toc fine.
you want threat? get your expertise and hit up. expertise to at least 25-30 and hit cap of 8% with a 2 hander.
I would drop some hp for some exp/stam gems. it will up your threat considerably

motoucle
09-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Hi mate,

You gear looks ok apart 2 things and you should be ok with the stuff where you said you get "obliterated".

What needs fast changing though are the trinket slots. Defender code and valor medal are very weak options. Go farm totc 5 man for the black heart and AN for the essence and use those 2, these are easy to come by and way better than what you are currently rolling with.

Hope this helps

Hades
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
/second Motoucle. 2500-ish more HP, plus the mitigation procs is usually enough to keep you from getting two-shotted while the healer does their thing.

Kurtosis
09-14-2009, 11:09 PM
First off if you like unholy, stay there, it may not be the best dk tank now, but it still can be workable and its time will come again. You may have to work a bit harder now but hey good things come right?
I have to respectfully disagree with this. You'll be a much better DK tank in the long run if you are able to get outside your comfort zone and learn and master all 3 three trees.

Unlike the other 3 tank classes, DK's have a lot more flexibility in how we improvise, adapt to, and overcome nerfs and class changes, by respec'ing to a different tree. Problem is the trees work differently, and need some actual runs to learn, master, and fine tune.

Better to put that time and effort in sooner rather than later.

towerofpwr
09-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey thanks for all the replys guys I'm rolling with a dual tank spec right now and I'm using blood for the current end game stuff. Trinkets I am trying to improve on.

Thanks