PDA

View Full Version : Survivability (In general)

murdoc
09-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Hello fellow DK tanks.

Well starting off this is my armory :

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Genjuros&n=Murd%C3%B2c)

Now my main problem.

I have tried just about everything in my gear possibilities, i've gemed for avoidance like we used to back in the day to going back to full stamina while keeping the total 40% avoidance and i just seem to drop like a fly.

I use pretty much all of my CD's when i see that things go bad but it just doesn't cut it for some reason.

What is going on here? I hope i am doing something terrible wrong in my gear rather than being another "Just face it" issue here.

On ToC HC for example the healer must be really atop of his game in order to keep me alive on the first encounter with the 3 bosses, i can just imagine him hitting his keyboard as fast as he can to keep me alive every time.

Please any advice would be really helpfull.

(I would post rotations etc but don't think it has a point since this isn't a TPS issue rather than "If my abilities are on CD, i am pretty much dead" *Unless healer goes apesh*t each time*.

Thanx for your time /salute.

Insahnity
09-11-2009, 11:38 AM
EU armory appears to be bugged, XML errors.

Can you give us some more stats? HP, armor, avoidance, Spec, Glyphs, etc.? If you are not blood, you can do a few minor things to help out, like Deathstriking as unholy. Also while TPS may not be an issue, you might be able to drop some threat stats in favor of survival stats.

Typical ouput of the DPS, and melee/vs ranged? Melee are subject to WWs, whereas ranged can be extra squishy, both diverting healer attention.

Also, strategy is an important factor. Selection of which boss to down first can affect fight length, which again impacts your survival. I am not sure about horde versions, but alliance ones I kill using the following order: Healer->Rogue->Mage->Hunter->Warrior.

Insahnity
09-11-2009, 11:53 AM
OK armory cleared up. Not sure how threat is not an issue with expertise so low. I hope you can manage to drop some hit as well as you upgrade.

Your gear appears to be OK, I'm assuming you are still going for Black Heart Trinket which provides good uptime on 7k armor in addition all that stamina. Your Sigil is a DPS sigil, go for a tanking one, or even this is Runestriking is an issue due to RP.

Your DPS spec has Unbreakable armor while you tank spec has all DPS glyphs. Your Tank spec is also missing glyph of raise dead, your ghoul is like a walking healthstone. Also considering glyphing your other CDs and defensive abilities, like Icebound Fortitude.

murdoc
09-12-2009, 02:07 AM
Yeah i was using that sigil for the extra DPS thinking it would add more TPS.

I've changed back to the one you said, i had even forgotten i had it, just did a ToC HC by the way and things went a LOT smoother, also Black Heart droped, and changed the glyphs as well.

So thanx for the tips man, now is it worth gemming for expertise?