PDA

View Full Version : Where am I after a break from WoW

Jhared
09-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Hey guys,

the problem I am currently facing is, that I have trouble finding a spot in a raid group as I had to have a break just before the last patch and I just started to play again last week.

My Armory link is the following

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Norgannon&n=Jhared)

and my raid progress before my break was Ulduar 25 where I downed Razorscale and the Flame Leviathan. I had quite close trys on Ignis and the Deconstructor as well.

My question is, where can I start applying for raid groups. Is it possible to go for the Coliseum or should I try to find groups for UL first?

Shortypop
09-11-2009, 06:51 AM
I'd have a look at the new 5man heroic, you should be good to tank it and there might well be upgrades for you, at least for dps gear and with Colliseum being a 0-3 (usually 2 tank place) dps gear is a must have imo. Also try the new VoA boss, plus ofc daily heroics for Emblems of Triumph. You'd be ok for Colliseum 10man, but I would definitely try to get through the keepers in Ulduar 25man before Colliseum. I'm sitting at 33k health unbuffed and I am glad I'm only OT'ing in there!

Eravian
09-11-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm in a similar situation myself, not playing for a month and a half, with 3.2 coming out in the middle of that time. The first thing I would suggest doing is start farming Heroics to try and catch up with all the Emblems of Conquest that you missed out on - a lot of people had already bought all the stuff they could use with them by the time I started gathering stuff. As far as raids, start trying to do 10-man Ulduar on a regular basis, and work further and further in Ulduar-25.

Also, if your in a group that does fairly well in Ulduar-25, it's not that great a leap to move on to at least the first encounter in 25-man ToC Normal.

Good luck!

Griff
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
If you'd like to have your raid guild app taken seriously, you might want to take a few moments and re-evaluate your current gemming/enchants.

You're over the defense minimum but you're gemmed for defense, including BC-era epic gem (lolwut?)

Gemming for parry is probably the least efficient use of a gem slot and what's with the strength gem in your mittens. If you need a red for your meta, you'd do well to try the purple expertise/stam hybrid.

That +26 agility enchant on your weapon is not ideal.

Epic gems aren't exactly cheap, but you should make the investment if you are really looking for a slot of a progression raiding guild. There are plenty of ways to get them even if you are cash poor and raw gems can be picked up with badges or honor.

dirt
09-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I'll echo a bit of whats been said already, if you want a tank spot in an established guild it's going to be difficult with where you are at now. Run as many heroics as you can including the daily, farm 10/25man Naxx, OS, etc. Get as many upgrades as you can and collect Conquest/Triumph badges for upgrades and gems. Make sure you have the proper gems & enchants(the best you can afford, I know some are pricey). I'd do that for a few weeks, it will refresh your skills and gear. Tank spots are hard to get and usually goto the better geared & experienced people.

Good luck.

Jhared
09-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks a lot for your comments guys...I already took the Blood Draining Enchant for my weapon and I got a new ring from ToC 5 heroic. I am currently collecting gems and Emblems of Conquest for a new piece of armor but I am not sure if I should go for the chestpiece or belt / gloves first. That has to be evaluated ;)