PDA

View Full Version : Bear tank my new main - another newbie ?

Aterror
09-10-2009, 11:48 AM
So I'm going horde and bringing my Druid. Main spec is boomkin for 25man raids but I have to start building a tank set for 10mans, it's mostly a melée group with hunters and on heroic anub to give you a sense where we are. I have tanked prior with my warrior so I'm starting off fresh and new to this.

Anyone point me to a link or cite with diferent specs , glyphs, rotation and all the fun beginne stuff. On a specific note we don't have an arms warrior in the 10man so I have to use mangle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks for your time.

adizs
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Anyone point me to a link or cite with diferent specs , glyphs, rotation and all the fun beginne stuff. On a specific note we don't have an arms warrior in the 10man so I have to use mangle.

Mangle is your main threat ability so even if you were raiding with 24 arms warriors you still must use mangle.

For spec I'd recommend you check a few guys armory that post in druid threads since pretty much everyone I have checked have good raiding specs. I think mine is good, some people dont like IW or imp mangle and go for master shapeshifter instead its a matter of oppinion and raid composition in my oppinion.

I am gonna be lazy and repost what some of the thigns I wrote in another thread.

Heroics, heroics, heroics, heroics and some more heroics. Getting a group is easy as a tank andyou will get a feeling of tanking and quickly learn do's and donts. Make sure your camera is fully panned out to get maximum view of whats going on around you.

Learn your qbind by heart. You shouldnt have to look at your action bars. If someone accidently pulls another pack you must be there a split second after and swiping them to get agro before the mobs are all over your healer/dps.

Macro maul into swipe. If you want to make it easier, macro maul into everything, one word of warning though; you'll be breaking CC with maul glyph.

For rotation, make sure Mangle and FFF is on CD every single time. Never let your lacerate stacks fall off and for the extra GCDs use swipe. Make sure Demo Roar is up on the mobs/boss.