PDA

View Full Version : Help with Gems

sek
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a tanking DK, here's my wow armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&n=Sek)

I just need a little advice on what gems I should have or need to be taken out for something else..

Anything would help out!

Thanks

Insahnity
09-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Well, for starters..

You need to learn to focus on priorities when gemming. I see you are trying to cap expertise, which is admirable, but your defense is at 533 (you can't tank squat).

Priorities
1) 540 defense at all times. Never, ever, ever,...,ever, drop below 540
2) Try to get hit capped (264, which you have reached) and expertise capped (26 skill, which you are trying but not there)
3) stack stam as much as possible

Right now you are in dire need of defense, 33 points to be precise. Put in 16 defense on cloak, and a 20 defense somewhere (your weapon is a good spot for a cheap replacement, but if you can spare it, go with 2 greens and put in 2 defense/stam gems in spots where you have missed a stamnina socket bonus by putting in 30 stam instead of a yellow gem).
If you want more expertise, go with 15 expertise to gloves. Much beyond that, there isn't much you can do without losing some stamina, which is bad as a blood DK. I would say live the being below expertise cap, and chase after gear with expertise on it provided its equally good or better than your current piece.

Myrddraak
09-09-2009, 05:25 PM
i agree with with a lot of what Insahnity was saying but something you need to replace quickly is your legs. You are using dps legs for a tank set. If you don't have any with +def on them then i would try to get some emblems and get the tanking ring from the emblems of valor to replace the mark of the relentless (it has 54 def and a lil bit of expertise.) But i would also use a 10exp/15stam in your shoulders and if you can put another one in your weapon as well (unless your like me and use that weapon for both tank and dps then i would keep it with straight exp.)

Insahnity
09-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I knew i was missing something. I looked at the icon and confuzzled it with the TOC tank legs.

Yeah, some tanking legs are in order. Places to go
Reg ToC
H VH
OS25
Nax (of any kind)

sek
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
oh wtf.. im sorry, the amory is wrong..i think something happened with equip. manager..

sek
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
The leggings I have are, Valorous Darkruned Legguards (219)
+55 Stam and +22agi enchant
Gems:
+30stam
+20 dodge rating

With that on, im sitting at 546 defense
With 32.8k hp unbuff...

Insahnity
09-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Well since your defense is capped, work on experise (you could look at the 20 dodge gem on pants, for starters)