PDA

View Full Version : Horde to Alliance transfers

Daavos
09-09-2009, 08:25 AM
On Executus (US PVP) a number of progression and pvp players have switch from Alliance to Horde for a number of reasons that include applying to more successful progression guilds, and the fact that alliance gets rolled on this server in the Battlegrounds.

It's encouraging to see Blizzard make the game more user friendly for your favourite toon, but I wonder how this will effect game balance in the future.

I wonder if each realm will become known as a Horde or an Alliance Realm.

"Oh Executus is a Horde Realm with few Alliance peons who haven't xfered to Alliance realm yet."

I'm not against same server race changes. I'm just wondering how far Blizzard has thought this through?

Prexie
09-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Well I don't think it will do anything that wasn't happening already in terms of server balance. It might shift a server more rapidly but server xfers and even just delete/reroll has made this happen for a long time.

Two of the most polar servers I can think of are old and it's been the status quo for awhile there. Mal'ganis is horde dominated. Windrunner was alliance heavy even before the Rexxar free transfers opened years back but that sealed the deal. Windrunner Horde, including myself, left for Rexxar to escape terrible horde population and hour queues.

I don't think you'll see a lot of huge changes like you seem to see on Executus. I could be wrong but I'd want more data than anecdotal evidence for just one server.

Synapse
09-10-2009, 09:40 AM
If they judge it critical, they'll simply lock faction changes on those realms.