PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on gems, gear, spec, and rotation

tnpreacher
09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Can you guys please be brutaly honest with me on my gear, gems, spec, and the some advice on a good rotation would be great

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Pre%C3%A5cher)

dhthomps
09-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Can you guys please be brutaly honest with me on my gear, gems, spec, and the some advice on a good rotation would be great

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Pre%C3%A5cher)

All of this information is available on these forums, use the search function, read a lot. Below is a rough guide, it can be adjusted DEPENDING ON YOUR GOALS (most important).

I will paraphrase, but I strongly recommend you THOROUGHLY read the respective forums on all of the topics you mention:

1) Gear: Get over 540 defense using SSG rune. Then work on the highest ILVL gear you can reasonably get (this usually means all of the conquest/valor gear). Enchant the gear correctly (you can def. find this info on these forums).

2) Gems: If over 540 defense gem for stamina (+30 stam gems), if under gem for defense. Some people like socket bonuses, some people don't - it's your personal preference.

3) Start with the 5/8/5 spec. Then pick your favorite/coolest tree and spec 50 points into it. Glyph it logically. (examples can be found all over the forums)

4) Rotation: keep diseases up, RP dump at 100 RP

tnpreacher
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, I know all of that I should have worded my post a little. I have been tanking in WOTLK since it came out. I'm not a horrible tank you can tell by looking at my gear i'm in a really good guild. What I'm asking for is some help on little tweaks that can make me a little better then I am. Such as I have made some hit gems because my hit isn't where it needs to be. I would love to just gem all stam gems but I can't and stay hit capped

Myrddraak
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Something you might look into is getting the axe from hodir 10man that has hit on it. It should get you hit capped. Also i would look into getting the gloves from the emblems of conq. They have hit but you do loose a socket for 30stam. Haha. if your really hurting ask your rl to put you in a group with a dreani (1%hit) Just a suggestion. Also your gear looks good.
In your spec. Why did you pick up lichborne? It doesnt give you 20%dodge anymore so it is almost useless in tanking (except for certain fights like auryia). Also i dont know if icy talons procs off of glyph of disease, but if it doesnt i would look to put those talents elsewhere. (3/3 ravenous dead and 2/3 subversion)
Just a few suggestions