PDA

View Full Version : Bear Tank threat issues.

Cailean
09-08-2009, 08:46 AM
I just recently knocked the dust off my Bear Tank. I seem to be having some threat issues. I seem to be sitting at 2-3k TPS according to omen and it just seems a little on the light side (that could be because I'm used to warrior tanking).

I was just wondering if there is an up to date tanking guide for bears current to 3.2 or if anyone had some good tips on bringing up my TPS.

Rotation I am using is FFF>Mangle>Lacerate>Lacerate>Mangle etc. with Maul queued.

Armory link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=ain)

I'm going to toss expertise on the gloves and gem out the resilience for stam unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks in advance

Cailean
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Sure...as soon as I post this I see all the other posts asking the same question. I'll try some of their answers.

Insahnity
09-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Ah heck, I'll still post for you.

I use FFF for ranged pulls when charge is a bad idea, which quite frankly isn't that often. Generally speaking, this means casting FFF and playing Peekabo behind a corner, to get all the mobs, caster included, to come in a nice, swipeable cluster. It's not much different than warrior tanking really, the analogy is Heroic Throw to get them to a nice TC+SW cluster.

When charging in, as a warrior I charge in, revenge and queue up HS for single mobs, or charge in, TC+SW for multimobs and then go to town.

As a bear with a single mob, I charge in, Mangle, queue Maul, FFF+Demo Roar, then proceeded to lacerate+maul to 5 stacks, then keep lacerate+mangle+FFF+Demo Roar refreshed while maul/swiping (yes, swipe is good even on single target, as bears don't have anything else to do once 5 stacks of lacerate are up and mangle is on CD)

For multiple mobs, Charge, swipe, queue Maul, Demo Roar, Swipe and then go to town. Primarly, it's about tab targetting maul in between swipes, and for larger targets amongst smaller ones (Black Knight with army of the dead, where BK is the big target) I will keep up the lacerate+mangle.

I mentioned it in another post, by far the fastest way to improve threat as a bear is to ensure the following:
1) Stay hit/expertise capped. You need to be at least 26 expertise and 264 hit, you are way below those.
2) Single mindedly target a weapon upgrade. No other gear can help with threat in any significant way as a pure Weapon DPS upgrade.