PDA

View Full Version : Gear dilemma

saintkenn
09-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Not sure where to go from here as far as which gear to go with. I have enough triumph emblems to get the 245 ring and soon can get the 245 shoulders. My question is should I just go ahead and get the t9 tank set from the ToC area or hold out and get the slightly better 245 gear from the vendor in dalaran? Other concerns are getting the thrown 245 weapon and the dodge trink.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Adalief)

Kazeyonoma
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Probably belongs in HALP forum.

Moved.

Toblerone
09-08-2009, 01:04 AM
It really depends if you get one of the T9 Tokens. If you do, then get T9 first, if not then the Ring.

I was unfortunate in getting a T9 token until week 2, so my triumph badges were spent on the badge Ring, then T9 Shoulders, then the badge Helm, next will be either the throwing weapon or T9 gloves depending on whether I get a token next reset.

I personally wouldn't bother with the trinket or badge non-tier shoulders until last, because the other gear is much more appealing. Also there's been a lot of discussion on whether to get any other T9 pieces other than gloves and shoulders, to which majority of people would prefer the drops from ToC over the other pieces of T9 (the other pieces being helm, legs and chest).

Edit: I just realised you're talking about the ilvl 232 tier set, in which case I'd use the badges on the biggest upgrades first, be it tier or the non-tier badge loot, there's no right or wrong way to spend them really if it's an upgrade.

saintkenn
09-08-2009, 06:47 AM
I went ahead and got the ring last night. I thought it gave me the biggest bang for the buck as of now. Next on my list will probably be the thrown weapon as it will be upgrading me from an ilvl 200 to an ilvl 245.

drae
09-08-2009, 08:18 AM
I personally purchased the non-tier helm first, really amazing warrior piece. Very well balances, if only that yellow socket was a blue!

The ring is my second purchase, tonight once I complete the heroic daily. The ring is very well itemized imho. Armor, dodge, and defense is about perfect on a ring.

I believe the blades of sable cross will be my third.

But then I have access to the Heroic 25m gear so I am not holding my badges to buy tier gear.

If you need badges for tier gear, I think I would still get the off-tier helm first, then the ring, then the tier9 gloves / shoulders. Hope for the legs from jaraxxus (?) imho. The blades are cheap, but I would hold off.