PDA

View Full Version : Lack of expertise on T9

Thoras
09-07-2009, 02:01 AM
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Thoras (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Thoras)

I'm in a guild that's currently raiding 10 man stuff, plan is to start recruiting soon to give 25 man another chance soon. In Ulduar we're on Mimiron (P4 after one night) and yesterday on our first evening in ToC we killed the first three bosses.

I have just over 30 EoT's currently and due to that, I've been checking some gear last night. To my surprise, there's one single tankdrop in ToC10 with expertise (necklace) and there's no expertise at all on our T9 set. I've seen plenty of expertise drops in ToC25 and there's also a nice EoT helm, but tanks not doing 25 man raids are basically screwed. Already noticed the same in Ulduar, where expertise drops are quite rare but at least T8 has a few items with expertise.

Question is, what should I do now? I could grab the T9 shoulders, but they offer hit and I'm already way over the hitcap as it is. Kinda discarded that idea yesterday already. Could also save up for the ilvl 245 shoulders or the helm with expertise, or maybe someone has another suggestion?

Also, say I replace items with mostly ToC10 gear, how am I supposed to stay at least at 26 expertise? Should I keep some of my current items (like gloves, legs, ring) or shouldn't I focus on it that much? (don't have any threat issues as it is now)

XtreO
09-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Expertise on the badge head if I remember correctly, get that. Fill red gemslots with 20 expertsie gems, but when I think again there are not many red slots at this level of gear. Other than that, you could always enchant for expertise as a last resort, and use the EoE25 trinket for an extra boost.

toonnamefail
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
PUG ToC 25, the gear requirements are quite low and the mechanics of the fight (as you would know experiencing 10) require little to no effort.

vine
09-08-2009, 03:59 AM
I thought the same thing when I saw T9, and scrambled frantically to get Worldbreaker to make the transition easier. Now I find myself with too much expertise after picking up a few pieces from 10/25 ToC. There's a lot of expertise on the non set pieces.

Personally I'm not going to bother with 4pc T9, really don't see a point. Instead I'll gear for 2pc then BiS as I can get them.