PDA

View Full Version : Fury Gear/DPS - Or is Arms the Winner

Lorvak
09-06-2009, 03:52 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Lorvak)
(I know I have a Tank Ring and Tank Trinket: Still working on building set)

Ok, I have been Prot for years, always dabbled with Fury as OS prior to Wrath and am finally trying to get back to it so some other guildies can tank and give me a break from time to time. Now researching Fury I have come across many questions and confusions.

Checking <Premonition> and many other top guild's Fury warriors, it shows them all stacking ArPen in every gem. Reading the forums, I hear that Gems should be Str/Crit (all assuming hit/Exp cap).

The other situation is that I am not in a top end raiding guild. We have cleared through 10 man Gen Vex in Uld, cleared ToC 10, and work on 25 mans with another guild...but so far are not really progressing far. So my gear options are limited.

My question is, Is Fury so gear dependant that I need 25 man/Hard Mode gear to make it work? Would I see better results with Arms at the 10 man level/early 25's? I only ask because all the arms warriors I see on our server don't have impressive DPS. I have always enjoyed Fury and would prefer to stay that way...but if Arms is the better choice...then I will do whatever will see the biggest gains.

::Right now I am looking at 2k-3k in Heroics. Haven't had a chance to raid yet...and I may be in prot gear when armory'd as I swap throughout the day. I also know I need to finish enchanting/gemming...but yesterday was first day of putting on DPS gear::

Kazeyonoma
09-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Wrong forum.

Armory links and personalized evaluations belong in the HALP forums.

Moved.

fuddjupp
09-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Arms does not depend more on gear than Fury or otherwise. Both speccs got unique buffs for your raid/group.
Just play what is more fun, gear comes with the time. There is no specc in the world that need 25man or even hardmode gear to work. One difference between Arms and Fury is that as Fury you will need less hit because you get 3% from talents but on the other hand as Arms you can get 2% expertise from talents.