PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Gear Check Plz

mojojojo101
09-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi there im loking for a bit of insight from more experienced pala tanks on how my gearing is atm. When doing heroics i tend to take a reasonable amount of damage however i would like to be more reliable with lesser geared healers, i also gennerally have no problem with threat unless a uld25 geared dps'r comes along and goes all out from the off.

Armoury Link (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khadgar&n=Loric)

At time of posting it is still showing that i have galdarah's signet when infact i did upgrade it to the Keystone great ring from DtK heroic earlier today.

Thx in advance

LuckiCharmzXP
09-06-2009, 02:23 PM
I would personally say, farm ToC for the tanking gear in there. There is plenty of very good tanking items that would totally help with your gear.

Try to keep your hit rating at least over 100, but more hit rating never hurts, unless its over hitcapped (260 for paladins). Also try to be expertise soft cap (it has to do with threat and gives it so your attack doesnt get dodge) which is 26 expertise. Dont worry about expertise at your set of gear. but eventually you will need it. Get all your gear enchanted also would help ALOT.

Mert
09-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Overall you're definitely going in the right direction, though there's obviously a few pieces still to upgrade before you're ready to start tanking most raid content (you should be fine for Naxx already, in my opinion).

What I personally recommend is looking at the Emblem of Triumph loot and choosing one piece you particularly like (maybe the ring, or perhaps the libram) - focus on getting enough badges from the Daily Heroic / VoA to get that piece and, in the meantime, use your Conquest badges you acquire along the way to gear up the rest of you.

In terms of your weapon, I would do two things - firstly, run Utgarde Pinacle Heroic every day for the Red Sword of Courage. It can be a bit tempramental with its drop rate, however, so at the same time make sure you do the Argent Tournament dailies - there's a good tanking weapon available for Champion's Seals there too called Teldrassil Protector which would make a good alternative to the Red Sword.

In terms of upgrades from badge gear, roughly in order I'd suggest:

- Conqueror's Aegis Breastplate (58 badges for the token)
- Gauntlets of the Royal Watch (28 badges)
- Platinum Mesh Cloak (25 badges; need to downgrade them to Valor)
- Conqueror's Aegis Faceguard (58 badges for the token)
- Kyzoc's Ground Stompers (40 badges; need to downgrade them to Valor)

There are other upgrades for you of course, but I'd focus on getting those at the least. As for your trinkets, run HoL normal for Seal of the Pantheon (or, even better, Repelling Charge from Thaddius on 10-man) and Essence of Gossamer from Azjol'Nerub Heroic - both of those will last you a long time :)