PDA

View Full Version : 4 piece teir 8.5 good ?

orctar
09-05-2009, 07:13 PM
hey I cant figure out if the 20 percent magic reduction when i use sheild block is really worth getting the 4 piece i have 3 piece right now and i got the legs couple of days ago but stat wise they arent better then what i have now but they would make my 4 peice set bonus it worth the set bonus ? thx

Eraser
09-05-2009, 08:06 PM
I find the 4 piece bonus situational at best, I only use it for a couple of fights. So if I were to answer your question - If you're MTing then yes, if you're OTing then probably not.

Toblerone
09-07-2009, 12:13 AM
As mentioned it's great for certain fights that deal a high amount of magic damage every now and then. I wouldn't use it all the time though if you have better pieces to put in those slots, but it's definitely worth getting the 4 piece bonus to make some fights easier.

Some of the fights where I still use the 4 piece bonus are Mimi (phase 1 plasma blast if you lack external cooldowns), IC hardmode to help with the Falcon Punches, Hodir's Frozen Blows and it's also quite useful for the new Wintergrasp boss if you're solo tanking it with no soak tank (when he does that crazy firey hand ability which I can't remember the name of).