PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is an expert...

Avenal
09-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Now, I frequent these forums in hopes of picking up enough to make me into an Informed Decison Making Machine.

I have toiled for some time to get the gear that I've got now, and to have it gemmed and enchanted properly to make my stats balance to the best of my ability.

I feel I have done this, If you will look in my armory. Problem is..

Random Dude 1: Why are you gemming for Parry?

Random Dude 2: Why do you have so much Defense?

Random Dude 3: Agility would go better in the red sockets.

I could go on for a while. That being said, I obviously don't know everything else I wouldn't be here. I figure this is the best place to go for criticism.

In regards to my overall stats... where should I go from here?

Am I mad for gemming parry?

Someone for the love of god help me lol.

Griff
09-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Parry Rating: The amount of parry rating required per percentage of parry has been reduced by 8%. This is before diminishing returns. Combined with other changes, this makes dodge rating and parry rating equally potent before diminishing returns apply. Parry still diminishes more quickly than dodge.

Strit
09-05-2009, 11:35 AM
I hear that parry is the worst avoidance stat to gem for, because of the diminishing returns it has. So I'd gem for dodge/defense/stamina instead of parry.
But that's just me.

Avenal
09-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Well I was batting around 30% dodge before changing some gear etc around, while being at 18.5-19% parry. In a situation like that should I just go with the all too common "Dur, Gem Stam!" approach?

Im aiming for quality hit points over quantity, if that explains where im coming from any better.

I now realise that I forgot to add my armory link to the post. My bad.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Avenal)

Strit
09-05-2009, 11:50 AM
I can see you have lots of defense. and 26% dodge and 21% parry. Maybe the 20 parry rating gems is a bit overkill. :)

Ariedan
09-05-2009, 02:24 PM
If gemming for avoidance, I would gem for dodge over parry due to diminishing returns. You do have a lot of defense, but I would just change my defense enchants to stamina and that's about it.

krc
09-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Ok so the first thing I would change is all those parry gems, dodge is a better stat than parry right now and should be tried to be kept at a 1.875:1 ratio between them. In your head piece for example I would get rid of 10 parry and 10 defense gem. In your belt second socket I would put a 15 stam 10 dodge gem.

Unless you use an avoidance set for certain fights I would recommend getting a 225 armor on the cloak, 275 health on the chest, and you could even put 30 stam 15 resilience on the shoulders. And for the last question I wouldn't really bother gemming for agility not as much avoidance as dodge or parry and the amount of armor you are getting from one parry gem is pretty low.

Dragaan
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/52401-parry-dodge-change-question.html

donthoto
09-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Check out Should I Gear, Gem or Enchant for Defense? - Warriors - TankingTips.com (http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/05/11/should-i-gear-gem-or-enchant-for-defense/) as well. Could provide some input on when to socket or enchant for Defense at least.

fuddjupp
09-07-2009, 03:40 PM
I would gem exp/stam in red slots instead of avoid. You really get enough avoid from gear.