PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated with Challenging Shout

Mačl
09-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Hi!

Being a warrior tank frequently running heroics I sometimes run into situations where the pull goes stellarly wrong.

My usual tactic(depending on rage) is charging into a group(charge target is whatever I want to die first), applying a shield slam followed by t-clap and depending on rage followed by shockwave.

But sometimes stuff goes horribly wrong like overcharging, a heal landing before i got my first t-clap out, being rage starved since I shockwaved to early(I'm still learning) leaving me with aggro on one mob while the others wander thru the group.

Challenging Shout Time!

...except as of late I have the feeling it does nothing. I shout, it's on cooldown and despite standing in t-clap range no mob comes to me. I'm not talking about a single, unaffected mob here but exactly NO mobs being affected.

I know the ghouls in the second phase of the black knight are kinky when it comes to threat. I'm talking about run of the mill mobs like the first wave in the Skadi event(UP gauntlet) or those horrible pulls just before Lokens room and so on...

I pull a Challenging Shout, it goes on cooldown but I don't even see the Taunt animation over the mobs heads(could also be the heat of the moment). A following t-clap affects them, tho, so I should be in range.

I'm not yet glyphed for t-clap so the range should be the same.
Challenging Shout appears to me to be a waste of a GC...
Is there a known bug or am I missing something?

Kherberos
09-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Known bug? Havent heard of it, and neither do I experience the problems you have.
I use chal. shout at the same point in black knight fight.

In fact, I use it frequently in all kinds of situations since it helps to gather up mobs so that you can shockwave them nicely when xtra packs are pulled etc

concl. : I have never encountered it not working. I can imagine some way of it missing? Like hit related? /resist. But even then I run with <50 hit and 47-48 expertise. Still no problems.

Mačl
09-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Don't think it's resist related. Not on 4+ mobs. I don't see any resist messages either.
It's supposed to work like taunt, isn't it?

Bulk
09-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Don't think it's resist related. Not on 4+ mobs. I don't see any resist messages either.
It's supposed to work like taunt, isn't it?

Its not quite taunt - its a focus effect which means the mobs should go on to you and stay on you, but no threat values are changed - that means you have to get off a TC/SW/Cleave etc before the focus effect runs out (6 seconds is it?) or they'll go back to their highest threat target.