PDA

View Full Version : new dk tank general advice.

Hanadra
09-03-2009, 09:20 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Cariaria)

A new dk tank so i have many questions.

1. how much health/avoidance should I have to do heroics?

2. Are there any good mods out there for dk tanking rotations ?

3. Is there anything else I can do to improve my gear outside heroic grinding ?

Hanadra
09-04-2009, 12:04 AM
more stuff to add;

Frost spec 2h tank, engineer/blacksmith, does normal ToC as much as possible

Swam
09-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Sweet then lets get rollin!
1)Health/avoidance. This all depends on your healer, I can main tank naxx and some bosses in Ulduar and healers can still wine about me in heroics. If you have 22-24khp you should be able to do most heroics fine, but not all.
2) I use no mods for rotations and such, I have things set up in order of use and things that work with each other.
3) Rep gear can help a bit early on but heroic grinding and cashing in badges is the best way to get gear. Unless you have many thousands of gold and buy the gear from blacksmithing drops in ulduar and toc

Also on a side note if you get 2 1 handed tanking weapons, give dual a try, lots o fun!

Gearfighter
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM
all i have to say is change your talents slightly so u can get the 130 runic power, coz ur frost, you use alot of runic power, also do HoL and heroic AN for trinkets, but if you dont wanna do HoL farm ToC for the black heart, it reduces damage taken by another 5% when it procs

Hanadra
09-04-2009, 09:45 PM
thanks for the responses.

yeah it's a little hard on my server to do farming runs, just before I got told I couldn't tank n toc with nearly 26k hp :S go figure and dps who can have a tank os rolling on tanking gear. So what talent would you suggest I switch for the extra point to pump my RP up?

and when I get the right amount of stats/gear going dw tank spec :D