PDA

View Full Version : Profession alts question

Kurtosis
09-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Not sure where to put this, feel to move if there's a more appropriate place.

I have a DK tank main w/ capped JC/Ench, an 80 druid mine/herb farmer, and a 60 rogue I'm getting to 65 to be a profession alt. Currently the rogue has herb/alch, but at 65 I'd like to drop herb and powerlevel something to better support my main's professions. (65 being the level required to get professions beyond 375 to 450).

My top two choices atm are Tailoring or Inscription. Tailoring can turn all the Frostweave I collect on my main into blues that can be de'd to shards, while Inscription can make vellums I can use to sell enchants on the AH. I'm leaning toward Tailoring simply b/c it will require less time collecting mats on my farming alt.

Any suggestions which I should go with? TIA.

Timberton
09-03-2009, 11:19 PM
You will not collect vast amounts of cloth if you are not a tailor (see: Nothern scavanging passive skill) so i'd think twice about that idea.

Go inscription, or maybe a second JC (more tokens/day) or Alch (more epic gem transmutes/day).

I have herb/alch on druid main, ench/tailor on alt, and alch on another alt. And i think i only gave 5-6 worth of shards in cloth to the tailor so far. On the other hand, 2 epic gem transmutes/day = gravy, now imagine if you also cut them yourself

Mookey
09-03-2009, 11:32 PM
(65 being the level required to get professions beyond 375 to 450).

Have in mind that alchemy specialization require lvl 68 so I'm pretty sure you are going to go bit more further, which will give you more time to think about.

Kurtosis
09-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Alright, thx to both of you, much appreciated.

Esch
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Alchemy/Herbalist, or possibly Alchemy/Inscription. The logic is that while you won't be leveling much past 68 (specialization), you do pick up a reliable way to make flasks & potions as needed. Inscription is purely for convenience, though if you gather herbs, you can prolly befriend a maxed Inscriptionist that has a lot of the book glyphs that you'd be stalled getting yourself.

It sounds like you are going to powerlevel tailoring purely to DE everything. I personally use my (retired) JCer to convert Eternal Earth/Shadow and uncommon gems into assorted BoE rings, then DE them on my DK main (miner/enchanter). The green rings DE into Lesser CEs and Dust (1-3), while the blue rings usually get GCEs (1-2) and larger amounts of dust. There are rare small/large dream shards as well. Note that all of those materials are rewarded from mining/prospecting, thus 'free'.

I personally leveled my DK Enchanting/Mining (mining to fuel my JCer next), JC/Mining and Alchemy/Herbalist. I have the enchants on my DK, and can create/trade the gems/flasks/potions I require. The only loophole is leatherworking (pant armor kits)... and my druid is 70 with BoA gear.