PDA

View Full Version : Arms Warrior DPS help

TmanTrex
09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi everyone,

So I have been gearing my main character into a secondary arms DPS spec the gear is coming along fine but I need so assistance on tying my arms priority rotation with how I am gemming. For whatever reason I think I may have gemmed too much strength and should have done more with Arp gems. So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my current setup.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Tmantrex)

I know my hit rating can go down but I figure I have a set of gloves I am about to get so I am holding off on changing my gems till I get the gloves. Also I guess another question is does my expertise come into play? It is currently only at 11 at the moment should I push up to 15 or is my ArP more important first then my expertise. I was getting around 3.1K dps but then I got a few upgrades and it seems to have slipped backwards instead of going up as I had hoped. Thanks for any advice I have been tanking for years but I decided in order to be able to raid more I would begin to fill in as dps I don't expect to be at the top but I want to at least have respectable DPS and pull my own weight. Again thanks for the help.

Tman

Kazeyonoma
09-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Better to move this to the HALP! forum since that is about individual gear checks/reviews and armory viewing (which you have linked).

This includes dps related armory checks, even though we have a DPS forum. The DPS forum is more for discussions about rotations and specific talents and possibly to a lesser degree, what can be done to increase damage in general (x vs y).

Moved.

Uvatha
09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
you have too much expertise. normally melee dps needs 6.5% dodge reduction from expertise, but you have 2 points into weapons mastery, which reduces the chance of your attack to be dodged by 2%. so ideally you only need 4.5% or 18 expertise.