PDA

View Full Version : Worst us wow server?

Trinata
09-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Tell me what you think the worst us wow server is, oh and the best one if you guys know

I'd say the worst is EI

Warwench
09-03-2009, 11:03 AM
let me answer your question with a question.

which is the worst color?

I think the worst is alpine green.

Meeks
09-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Dentarg. At least it was in BC...dont know if anything changed since then.

Mhoram
09-03-2009, 11:10 AM
I spent some time on Malfurion.

Let's put it this way: I'd rather have to drink a pint of my own diarrhea once an hour for the rest of my life, than play one minute on that hell-hole.

Trinata
09-03-2009, 11:19 AM
well what about a good one to move to, my friends and I hate our server

Prexie
09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
You have to define "good."

What's your criteria? What are you looking for?

Otherwise it's like shopping for a car and the salesman asks, "what are you interested in?"

You reply, "Something that isn't bad."

"..."

Bloodwraith
09-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I few months back I sorted through all the realms and info about them to fit what I wanted. I came up with Korgath. I used to be on that server and can say it's a lot higher quality than my current realm :(

Bubtama
09-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Eitrigg is horrible. Such a small contingent of decent players, especially Horde side. And that small contingent is spread amongst probably 20 lackluster guilds. That said, I did once consider going to Korgath with a few old guildies of mine.

Trinata
09-03-2009, 02:43 PM
You have to define "good."

What's your criteria? What are you looking for?

Otherwise it's like shopping for a car and the salesman asks, "what are you interested in?"

You reply, "Something that isn't bad."

"..."

when i say good I mean just that, a server that is overall good, has plenty of good guilds and different progression levels to pick from, pugs don't always fail and doesnt have to deal with only every one in ten players knowing how to play.

Prexie
09-03-2009, 03:02 PM
If you want lots of different levels of guilds with options, choose high pop servers that have been around quite a bit. Check Wowprogress.com for guild and realm progress.

The negatives? Good players don't stand out as much, community doesn't usually welcome fresh meat if it's high pop, lag and "additional instances cannot be launched" can be prevalent.

You'll find bad players and bad pugs onevery server though.

Bloodwraith
09-03-2009, 03:34 PM
When I came up with Korgath I was looking for this:

EST/CST + PvP Server
Server with a Medium/High Rating during peak hours
Server with Good PvE Progression

I also try to look at arena ladders although it's a lot harder to tell what a server is like through PvP than with PvE.

Liliyah
09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I did pretty much the same thing when shopping for a new server the first time around. Went on WoW Progress, pulled up the progression rating by realm, and went down the list. Looked at realms in the Top 100 where it seemed like the faction balance, progression wise, was healthy, then checked all the realm stats on warcraftrealms.com

If you're looking for a new realm, sort out what criteria are important to you and do some investigating. Look up progression on various sites, look at statistics, visit their official wow forum, look them up on wowwiki, etc. If you're spending $25 to go there, make sure it has what you want.

GiANTBOMB
09-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Bonechewer pre-BC was pretty bad. Dunno about it now though.

Rhyseh
09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
US Realm List :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings and History (http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us)

Wars
11-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Bonechewer is great these days. I love the server and there are definitely enough good and friendly players(horde side) to forget the ones whom are not so stellar or friendly.

Morz
11-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Gnomeregan is horrible especially for WG horde usually hhas 20+ stacks of tenacity

ttocs
11-11-2009, 02:47 PM
The server I spent most of BC on, Norgannon, is bad. WoW Progress rates it 194/241. The server tanked even more when they opened PvE -> PvP transfers, as the 2-3 top guilds all transferred off, with some others following suit.

Though, I did play a bit on Nazjatar (with the original TankSpot guild), which is 200/241.

Brucimus
12-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Since the OP doesnt tell us what makes a server bad...this question is impossible to answer. It's a dumb question. What makes a server bad for you may make a server great for me.

The people who chimed in saying how bad their servers were ...most of them never said why. Some people who think they are elite players will continually bash their server because of slow progression or high AH prices or lack of RP in Goldshire...whatever. so i ask these "elites" ...How does bashing the server make it better?

Bloodwraith
12-03-2009, 04:30 PM
The people who chimed in saying how bad their servers were ...most of them never said why. Some people who think they are elite players will continually bash their server because of slow progression or high AH prices or lack of RP in Goldshire...whatever. so i ask these "elites" ...How does bashing the server make it better?

It's not going to make the server better considering that wasn't the point of the thread. The responses had to do with "Worst us wow server". They were simply answering the OP's question.

AxLxExX
12-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Azshara (my current server) is pretty bad. Low pop all the time, and seeing a 258 ilvl piece on someone is like seeing a legendary.

The best server in my opinion is Mal'Ganis. I has multiple top 100 guilds and tons of people. Everyone's pugging everything, although as with anything, having tons of people = tons of annoying childish people. It's worth it though, I think.

ttocs
12-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Being an EJ benefactor pretty much makes dealing with childish people a non-issue on M'G.

AxLxExX
12-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I saw you were in Aftermath. When I played on M'G during BC Aftermath was beastly. I've lost touch with that server now though, I just heard that Juggernaut's been pretty dominant.

ttocs
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Through the ulduar days Jugg and Vigil (remains of DnT horde reroll + Aurora) had some back-and-forth, but mostly Jugg winning out. Aftermath beat EJ on a bunch of kills - we were 3rd when I stopped raiding, but aside from a brief chat earlier this week I haven't kept up much.

Helgi
12-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Azshara (my current server) is pretty bad. Low pop all the time, and seeing a 258 ilvl piece on someone is like seeing a legendary.

I transfered off of Azshara awhile after 2.4 came out. Any decent Alliance players, for whatever reason, disappeared completely shortly after 2.4.

After Azshara was on Ghostlands. Ghostlands started out strong with WotLK was first released but the Alliance side quickly went downhill right before Ulduar came out.

Now on Dawnbringer and fairly satisfied. Most of the top end guilds are just starting to work on Ulduar and ToC hard modes, which is pretty bad compared to some servers, but it works perfectly for me.

theacidthc
12-06-2009, 02:59 PM
come to exodar i say its one of the best server has very top guilds and everyone is pugging every thing and i mean every thing!!!!!

if you decide to go add stormpeaks a lvl 80 hunter!!!!

Azuae
12-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I think aggramar is the "back end" of the WoW digestive system.. high population but 90% of the playerbase is horrendous.

Death Golem
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
i like Arygos, the realm i'm on, the only disadvantage: it's normally the last realm to come back online after a patch or something xD

Rennadrel
12-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Blade's Edge, at least in my opinion because I am on it. It's all fine and dandy having a great guild, but otherwise a lot of people there on both Horde and Alliance sides are a bunch of freaking immature tards, the pissed off ones who have transferred to other servers like Winterhoof were either elitist d-bags or they are pissed off failtards who couldn't get anything done while on Blade's Edge. I like the server because of my guild, we try to be as hardcore at raiding as possible but we don't have the same kind of progression as other guilds, I mean we just had our first 10 man ToC hard mode last week completed and we don't even have an official Yogg-Saron kill, though we have done Ulduar hard modes. Plus, it's not like people have to fend for themselves and my guild has loads of raiders so even if a 25 man is going and there are extras online, we can still run other stuff. Otherwise, a lot of the guilds are filled with either whiney children or elitist pricks who think they are the best since they have been playing since 2004.

Akeber
12-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Tell me what you think the worst us wow server is, oh and the best one if you guys know

I'd say the worst is EI

Plz transfer. Complaing about the server you're on is the same as saying your home town sucks but never moving away.

By coming here and saying "XYZ server is bad" you are indirectly insulting the people who call that place home. This type of thread belongs on the wow forums, not tankspot.

Penlowe
12-15-2009, 03:09 PM
By coming here and saying "XYZ server is bad" you are indirectly insulting the people who call that place home. This type of thread belongs on the wow forums, not tankspot.

So nice to see folks who get it ;)

Maros_vek
01-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Other than a couple level 10's, only server I've only ever been on is Vek'Nilish. Cannot see any reason to leave. Plenty of players online of both factions, and of all levels. A couple of world class guilds, and lots of social middle guilds (like us, just getting started on 25 ICC 2nd boss) and plenty of pugs. While we have a few lag issues, it is rare and usually only id Dalaren these days.

Can't really call out a bad one, as I've not seen one!

MusicMan
01-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Plz transfer. Complaing about the server you're on is the same as saying your home town sucks but never moving away.

Sounds like a plan. I like my server, personally. US-Antonidas. Reasonable pop, not too much lag, reasonable progression. Only downside for Alliance is Wintergrasp. The LOWEST stack of tenacity I've ever seen on a Hordie is 7. Normally in the 15-20 range. But I've been away for a few weeks, might have gotten better, who knows? And it does seem that the Horde has better coordination in BG's in general, but this could just be me being biased.