PDA

View Full Version : Why is my dps lacking

Talbinessa
09-03-2009, 10:55 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Talbinessa)

TankSpotters,

I would love to hear your thoughts on how i can increase my dps on bossfights because i believe i should be able to do more dps then ~4600dps whit the gear and spec im using.

Rotation - Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Obliterate, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Obliterate, Frost Strike.

Any tips and tricks from other DK's would be amasing.

Thank alot in advance.

Zeo
09-06-2009, 03:58 AM
I think before any advice that is given it should be pointed out that your dps on different bosses will be different from boss to boss. Also, there is still a big debate about DW specs for dk's so be forewarned to other posters. Now, my advice comes from my own experimenting with the spec and personal testing. On a side note, I don't want to sound mean in an way, but most of this info can be found in different places around the web.

First-

Expertise cap, sitting at only 3% tends to hurt a little bit, meaning that somewhere close to half your attacks might be dodge even standing behind the boss. You might want to look through the boss loot tables and see about trying to bring this stat up some. If you have a blacksmith within your guild and are willing to have it made, the Belt of the Titans will do a lot for this stat. Not only will you get the expertise from it, plus two other gem sockets, meaning more stg gems. Along those lines if you can pick up Sif's Promise those two alone would get you to the expertise numbers, still be short about 1% but allot better than your current 3.5%. If you have to drop some ArP for it from gear it isn't going to hurt too much.

Second -

Drop the Glyph of Death and Decay for Glyph of Obliterate. Reason for this is that Glyph of Death and Decay really is best with Morbidity, without the talent it doesn't work out for dps. Plus since Obliterate is your FU strike makes sense to change it.

Third-

You could tighten your rotation up some. Something along the lines of IT PS OB BS BS Dump OB OB OB Dump would do a lot better. Reason being is that the dmg from OB will do a lot better with your current sigil. Also keep in mind that if runes are on CD, if you have more than 40 RP hit the dumps. I always keep mine an avg of 40 to 60 RP to make sure I can use AmS along with a dump.

Closing -

I took your Armory data and loaded it in to Rawr, along with the spreadsheet. I used my raids buffs, and came up with about an avg of 5.4k dps with just the changes I listed here. So you could see about an avg of 1k dps increase. Also might help not only you out but also the guild you're in to use a combat log parse website.

Other than this, outside of normal gear upgrades, I can't see any other changes. From just Ulduar alone there is still upgrades to be had, along with that I noticed you’re in ToC, so there are items there also. Also, with one of your Professions being Inscription, I hope that one of the top end cards is in the making, Darkmoon Card: Greatness, cause that would also be a big way to increase your overall dps.

Talbinessa
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Thx alot for your info. Ill be sure to work on things like my expertise. And thx for the Rawr thing, its really usefull.