PDA

View Full Version : Switching to Horde...How to tank?

Sean
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm getting quite bored of the Alliance and i switched over to Horde recently i enjoy my guild have fun and currently in a casual raiding group in my guild as a hunter.

I thought i try my hand at tanking. I have experiance from my very fun dwarf pally tank. i admit dwarf pally is one of the easier classes to play so i thought if i should roll a new char or keep my hunter

This alt though i want to tank and i do not want to heal i feel serpate from fights and any joy of fun is pushed out of the raid for me vs when i'm dpsing or tanking.

So i thought with that so i never be asked maybe i should pick a Warrior or a DK but i'm not sure which i don't mind stating back at level one if i have to but any advise that could be given?

Bulk
09-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Why not switch your Pally over to the horde? They released the faction change service yesterday.

Sean
09-03-2009, 05:00 AM
mainly cause my raid group already has 6 pallies

Timberton
09-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Try to get a class that is small. Undead are a good one if you go for warrior tank.

I can't tell you how frustrated i am on the tauren cuz they can't fit through all the doors the same way as undeads. And going around mounted? that's just askin' for trouble.

Sean
09-03-2009, 05:28 AM
i proably go orc or tauren if i tank cause there the two races i really like on the horde

drae
09-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Orc get 5 expertise on axes and fists. Amazing for tanking. The AP bonus is nice when macro'd to shockwave.

Tauren get 5% more BASE stamina (or HP i dont recall). Warstomp can be somewhat useful.

Undead get a fear break.

Imo Orc and Tauren are very close. Undead is for PvP and trolls... well not great tanks.

Strit
09-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Tauren gets +5% base health. And yes, trolls don't have any tanking racials.

Sean
09-03-2009, 06:03 AM
So Orc vs tauren?

Timberton
09-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Go tauren

You won't loose the racial bonus when switching weps, and extra HP is extra HP.

Be prepared to grind your teeth at most doors if you want to get through them mounted.

Also, you can go warrior or druid. Both are viable tanks; druid lacks the array of tanking tools that warrior has , but the druid can also spec to healing if you get bored. Also Flight form is imbah!

klor
09-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Trolls have a semi bloodlust for 20 seconds on a 2min timer.. Berserking anyone?

Great skill for rage gen or rage dumping.

Hades
09-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Imo, Orc Warrior is the only way to go. Yeah, the cows get more HP, but Orcs get expertise with axes. That translates to less dodges, parries, and incoming damage made easier once you get your hands on Last Laugh. Also, shields make better mitigation than us DKs get in the Naxx range. Plus you get the added bonus of not making trips to the dentist trying to get into the AH. Tell the truth, go with what YOU think will be the most fun. if you wanna go pally, go pally. Happy tanking!